PDA

View Full Version : V70r clutch?

ClarkV70R
Monday 20th October 2008, 18:14
I need a new clutch for my manual 2004 V70R. Does anyone offer discount for these on here to members? I have owned several R spec volvos and others and this one has been an absolute nightmare. Low miles but already am spending a small fortune on her. Just a month ago I had to replace the starter motor. Wish I'd kept my 1998 V70R, never had a problem with her and she was high miles.
Thanks in advance, Jeff.

pangster
Monday 20th October 2008, 18:19
I need a new clutch for my manual 2004 V70R. Does anyone offer discount for these on here to members? I have owned several R spec volvos and others and this one has been an absolute nightmare. Low miles but already am spending a small fortune on her. Just a month ago I had to replace the starter motor. Wish I'd kept my 1998 V70R, never had a problem with her and she was high miles.
Thanks in advance, Jeff.

PM Rufe he works for a Volvo dealers and offers a discount on here!

I've used him many times before as has loads of other members and he never fails to deliver! lol! :)

HTH

ClarkV70R
Monday 20th October 2008, 18:26
PM Rufe he works for a Volvo dealers and offers a discount on here!

I've used him many times before as has loads of other members and he never fails to deliver! lol! :)

HTH

Cheers Pangster, just PM'd Him.

Redbrick
Monday 20th October 2008, 20:05
Hi
Don't know where you are in the country but MRG Volvo (main dealer) in Chippenham did my V70D5 turbo replacement for a very good price. Give Simon the service manager a call on 01249 443300.
Rufe is your best bet if you just want the part.
RT Mechanics (Independent) have a very good reputation as well.
Andy

Rufe
Monday 20th October 2008, 20:43
i can usually give around 27% to 30% discount off clutches, they generally have a large margin, and as they are fairly expensive items, the savings i offer on these genuine items can be quite a lot off retail price.

i will get you the price first thing in the morning when i get into work.

Simon :)

ClarkV70R
Tuesday 21st October 2008, 07:36
Hi
Don't know where you are in the country but MRG Volvo (main dealer) in Chippenham did my V70D5 turbo replacement for a very good price. Give Simon the service manager a call on 01249 443300.
Rufe is your best bet if you just want the part.
RT Mechanics (Independent) have a very good reputation as well.
Andy

Im up in the North east so probs better to sourse the part and get someone local to fit. Already PMd Rufe and he is going to get me a price. thanks for the info though, Jeff

simonc
Tuesday 21st October 2008, 20:17
I have a 2003 V70R , bought it just over 2yrs ago with 30k on the clock, its now done 61k, only problem i have had is drivers heated seat gone faulty. Had to pay for 2 services 1 set of tyres & rear pads in 30k miles of ownership, its the best car i 've ever had.

Simon.

brentrichards
Friday 28th February 2014, 19:51
Hi,
Clutch I think has gone today on my 2004 V70 R, hope it's just the cable but knowing my luck will be clutch!
Does anybody have any ideas about how much these are at main dealers? Would my local garage find it easy ish to replace?
Anybody help with ideas?
Cheers
Brent

Harvey
Friday 28th February 2014, 20:05
Hi,
Clutch I think has gone today on my 2004 V70 R, hope it's just the cable but knowing my luck will be clutch!
Does anybody have any ideas about how much these are at main dealers? Would my local garage find it easy ish to replace?
Anybody help with ideas?
Cheers
Brent

Sorry to hear the clutch is gone,these cars dont have clutch cables.
Has the pedal gone to the floor then ?.

If the pedal has gone it more than likely the concentric slave will have gone,to check look under the gearbox the bell housing to see if any fluid is starting to leak out,Also have a look at your brake fluid level as the clutch gets it fluid from the same bottle.
If so you will be looking at a large bill for it up around £1000 to £1500 as its a long job,you will need a flywheel,clutch kit,concentric slave clyinder.
It's 8-10 hours if you know what you are doing.

Volvostorm
Friday 28th February 2014, 20:44
Holy thread recovery Batman! :funkybana

LeeT5
Saturday 1st March 2014, 04:50
Sorry to hear the clutch is gone,these cars dont have clutch cables.
Has the pedal gone to the floor then ?.

If the pedal has gone it more than likely the concentric slave will have gone,to check look under the gearbox the bell housing to see if any fluid is starting to leak out,Also have a look at your brake fluid level as the clutch gets it fluid from the same bottle.
If so you will be looking at a large bill for it up around £1000 to £1500 as its a long job,you will need a flywheel,clutch kit,concentric slave clyinder.
It's 8-10 hours if you know what you are doing.

You'll never get a garage, let alone a Dealer to do a P2 R clutch for £1000. You'll be lucky if you get any change out of £1500! DMF is £700+ on it's own. I was quoted £2300 by my local dealer and so I had my local Indy do it for £1700. If you pay £1500 then you got a very good price.

don kalmar union
Saturday 1st March 2014, 09:23
I can supply one of my KU lightened, single mass flywheels that will mate with a standard replacement clutch kit.

You can find it, and order here on my website: http://kalmar-union.com/parts/volvo-s60_s80_xc70_v70_-transmission/ the price is quite keen at present.

You will also find on that page the complete kit that I do of AP clutch kit and another specially machined KU flywheel if you are running much higher than standard torque levels.

Regards, Don.