PDA

View Full Version : volvo 850 boot

t5 pete
Sunday 19th October 2008, 20:42
Can some one plz tell me the width of there 850 saloon boot and the width of the rear spoiler fitteings due to wanting to fit one to my volvo 240

Tomcat
Sunday 19th October 2008, 20:44
If it's for the one in the pics you uploaded then you'd probably be better getting one of those aluminium race ones and having it painted.

t5 pete
Sunday 19th October 2008, 20:49
yeah i thought about that but im unsure which one if i do the car same as them pics (which is hell of a lot of work welding doors up) then i will get one of them racing ones if i decide to keep the four doors i will prob get the 850 one with a brake light in it

Tomcat
Sunday 19th October 2008, 20:56
Don't forget that if your making it a two door you'll have to lengthen the front doors before welding up the back ones.

t5 pete
Sunday 19th October 2008, 21:04
spot on thats what is puttin me off i would have to try n search for some doors and theres hell of alot of messin if i win the lotto i will just buy the real thing lol
but i do need the sizes to make sure the spoiler would fit

Tomcat
Sunday 19th October 2008, 21:10
Don't think so, as far as I know they're adjustable. As far as modifying the doors, it's something any decent bodyshop should be able to do for you. The hardest part is getting glass to fit the doors afterwards, you could of course use plexiglass instead, all depends what you want to use it for I suppose.