PDA

View Full Version : Help! Flashing orange lights on climate control

Rob_ioClean
Sunday 19th October 2008, 20:30
anything I can look at or is it a dealer job

t5 pete
Sunday 19th October 2008, 20:32
is it where the switches are for the aircon if so it means there is a fault with the aircon system or it needs regassing

Rob_ioClean
Sunday 19th October 2008, 20:35
Yep and the the switch to the left as well! I have two flashing lights!

pangster
Sunday 19th October 2008, 20:40
Yep and the the switch to the left as well! I have two flashing lights!

it means the gas is low or there is a fault with the system..

EDIT: what pete said! lol!

t5 pete
Sunday 19th October 2008, 20:40
Thats it then its the aircon that has a prob or need regassing

Rob_ioClean
Sunday 19th October 2008, 20:56
damn! It's not even blowing air! That's gonna be a problem in the morning.

So should I get someone to regas it or take it to volvo?

pangster
Sunday 19th October 2008, 20:59
damn! It's not even blowing air! That's gonna be a problem in the morning.

So should I get someone to regas it or take it to volvo?

you should be able to get the codes read from a Volvo dealer which should tell you what's wrong with it.

Rob_ioClean
Sunday 19th October 2008, 21:01
Cost me £35 last time to get them read :(

Might just go for the regas and see if that fixes it!

pangster
Sunday 19th October 2008, 21:03
Cost me £35 last time to get them read :(

Might just go for the regas and see if that fixes it!

if the motor isn't working at all then it probably suggests that's your problem as it would still blow air through the vents (albeit not very cold) if it was low or empty on gas..

Rob_ioClean
Sunday 19th October 2008, 21:08
When I start the car, the fan blows for appox 2-3 secs, it then turns off and starts flashing the two orange lights.

So would this be low gas?

pangster
Sunday 19th October 2008, 21:09
When I start the car, the fan blows for appox 2-3 secs, it then turns off and starts flashing the two orange lights.

can you hear the compressor short cycling?

Rob_ioClean
Sunday 19th October 2008, 21:22
not to sure (only had it a week!) will check tomoz, how long should it be between cycles?

rs_andy
Sunday 19th October 2008, 23:30
could also be an interior temp sensor...

pangster
Sunday 19th October 2008, 23:33
could also be an interior temp sensor...

good call as well! - blow some compressed air through your interior sensor or use the compressed air cans you get for cleaning your keyboard and see if this helps as these are notorious for getting bunged up..

Rob_ioClean
Sunday 19th October 2008, 23:38
Where is it?

pangster
Sunday 19th October 2008, 23:42
Where is it?

the small switch size grill between the head unit and the switch for the heated rear screen/mirrors in this pic:

http://www.paullynch.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/boostgauge2.JPG

Subdued R
Tuesday 21st October 2008, 17:57
Hi Beast, I've had the same thing happen only last week on my S70R. Quick fix was to take radio out and push the ac unit out from the back. Disconnect the wiring off the back and leave it off for about 10-20 secs. Put the wiring plugs back in and turn the ignition on. It may need a couple of goes but it does work. I put my dianostic reader into my OBD port and it showed no faults, ac was cold. so tried the above and it works fine again. It is also worth brushing the sensor as pangster said also.

Good Luck.

pangster
Tuesday 21st October 2008, 18:04
Hi Beast, I've had the same thing happen only last week on my S70R. Quick fix was to take radio out and push the ac unit out from the back. Disconnect the wiring off the back and leave it off for about 10-20 secs. Put the wiring plugs back in and turn the ignition on. It may need a couple of goes but it does work. I put my dianostic reader into my OBD port and it showed no faults, ac was cold. so tried the above and it works fine again. It is also worth brushing the sensor as pangster said also.

Good Luck.

I think the faults can only be read by VOL-FCR and dealer equipment etc as its not stored in the engines ECU it's a separate module?

KARL
Sunday 26th October 2008, 23:22

I do recall reading ,you can program the blower buy holding in the buttons for some seconds.
You can set it to demist your window screen (air con) for a short period,then stop ,or something.

Once they are set ,or programs loaded,they flash a pattern at you.
Its in the manual I think.I will check it.
Good luck

Cheers

Liddo
Tuesday 28th October 2008, 12:00
I had this on my old 97 S70 T5, it turned out to be the blower motor. DEAD easy to replaced via the glovebox. The dealer did mine, but it was £300, which i refused to pay because I didnt give then authorisation ;)

Theres some on Fleebay for about £20.00

As said before, also check the pollen filter

Also, my lights flash too, but my fan still works fine. My aircon isnt that cold, so Im guessing I just need a regas ;)

Liddo
Tuesday 28th October 2008, 12:02
I had this on my old 97 S70 T5, it turned out to be the blower motor. DEAD easy to replace via the glovebox and lower tray. The dealer did mine, but it was £300, which i refused to pay because I didnt give them authorisation ;)

Theres some on Fleebay for about £20.00

As said before, also check the pollen filter, it could be WELL grotty

Also, my lights flash too, but my fan still works fine. My aircon isnt that cold, so Im guessing I just need a regas ;)