PDA

View Full Version : Barred From The Stretton Fox Lol.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Sunday 1st May 2005, 18:30
Errrrmmmmmm, you all know how freindly and nice us Volvo lot are etc...
Well we had a lovely meet this afternoon, around 15 cars or so etc... , good chit chat etc, and somehow we managed to get ourselves barred for life lol.
I'm sure others will explain as the post progresses but 2\10 to Mrs Mopp for diplomatic skills lol :remybussi . Wasn't he an arse the landlord or whoever he was lol. Any way glad to meet anyone i hadn't met before, and another Big Up to Spesh, Judge and Dave who again toiled to assist another member with a poorly T5. Well Done!!

See u next week. :B_steerin

riedquat
Sunday 1st May 2005, 18:37
Just, got back in the house. I agree, a good time had by all and useful to put some faces to the names. As for the location....well after the attitude of a certain member of staff, they won't ever be receiving my custom again and I've a good mind to compain about the food delay as well..(2nd person to order and last to receive my meal)

pyrotechnictigger
Sunday 1st May 2005, 19:10
Good to put some more faces to names and nice to meet old friends! Sorry I had to dash, post op wife was in a bit of bother :troutslap Even more sorry I didnt get to pinch your keys MM, but there will be a next time! Kept going in to the pub for another drink but then got sidetracked everytime! Cheers for the drive Dave, thats a beautiful car and the cornering abillity, OMG. I only drive like a herbert when the passenger is the car's owner :dunce: Shame the boys in blue turned up on the hunt for number plate irregularities, but it sounded like they were quite cool about it! Also sounds like I left just before the fireworks and thats just not like me at all! What happened?

Cheers folks and see you all soon,

PTT

Pedro Fandango
Sunday 1st May 2005, 19:10
ok who did what then? (handbrake turns/burnouts in the car park was it) you yobs :wink:

Tomcat
Sunday 1st May 2005, 19:25
Er.....nobody did nothing, the landlord was just up his own ass.Everybody behaved themselves food was purchased along with drinks, and then he started to complain that we'd been there long enough!. Said we where taking business away from him by hogging his carpark.

Still it was nice to see everybody again, made some new friends. Thanks for remembering your offer Mrs M, shame the old plod put a stop to our fun.

andi's red 850R
Sunday 1st May 2005, 19:34
:nutkick: im with you guys,the landlord really does need to take his face for a s*it. :bricks:
but anyway fantastic meet my first one and the missus liked it to.
so bonus ther :haha:

as for the landlord carnt see him lasting! :anmflower

riedquat
Sunday 1st May 2005, 19:36
Incidentely, should anybody wish to complain about the attitude of the landlord, the pub is part of the 'Vintage Inns' chain which is owned by Mitchells & Butler whose head office can be found at

Mitchells & Butlers plc
27 Fleet Street
Birmingham
B3 1JP
UK

+44 (0)870 609 3000 (Switchboard)

andi's red 850R
Sunday 1st May 2005, 19:46
:insane: just imagine us lot filling his car park again,but this time with free meal tickets from the brewery :B_rotfl:

his face would be a picture :haha:

Tomcat
Sunday 1st May 2005, 20:15
Do it!, DO IT!, DO IT!,. :haha:

Guys like him need taking down a peg or two

TangoDeltaSierra3
Sunday 1st May 2005, 20:16
I've just seen it on teletext that 2 men were arrested in Stretton tonight for impersonating Volvo Mechanics. Has anyone heard from Dave or Spesh since 5.30pm ? Whip round needed to bail em out me thinks. :haha:

jbconno
Sunday 1st May 2005, 20:43
Thanks for a very enjoyable afternoon guys, it was good to put faces to names. What happened with the landlord? Sounds like a total arse to me.

Mrsmopp
Sunday 1st May 2005, 21:01
Excellent meet guys! Great to meet all of you I hadn't already met and good to see the old faces again!

I will be writing a letter of complaint to the brewery and will post the letter up for everyone to see before I post it!! Rude little man!

Big up to Frazer who travelled by far the furthest for an afternoon with a bunch of Volvo nutters!!

Andi - make sure you bring your Mrs (sorry I dont think you told me her name) to the next meet so we can discuss Richard Hamond further LOL

x

fraz13
Sunday 1st May 2005, 21:05
Hullooooooooooooooooooooooo :haha:

Guess a wee burnoot on ma way out the carpark didny go down 2 well lol

Amazin 2 meet everyone, good crowd n wit a crack hahaha

Landlord wiz just a £££££, well done Nat 4 standin yer ground :nutkick:

Look 4ward 2 the next time :wink: obviously need a new venue in that area haha

P.S. Big thanx to Wayne (Judge) for sussing out the timer, stopped in services in Carlisle n wired it so its workin ace now :D

riedquat
Sunday 1st May 2005, 21:09
Nice to see you managed to go home in the right car fraz and not the 'imposter'

dicky b t5
Sunday 1st May 2005, 21:13
Sounds like u boys up north have all the fun ! Down here in sleepy Suffolk we' re lucky to see coppers once a week! Good for blowing the cobwebs out of the old Voly though !!!. If u know what i mean.

fraz13
Sunday 1st May 2005, 21:23
Aye Chriss, kinda spooked me seein another one the same, all a can say is mines is better :haha:

Ye fair kept that one quiet sizzlechest :nono: haha

andi's red 850R
Sunday 1st May 2005, 21:23
:B_steerin mrs mopp the missus (elle) is going to be at the next one cos she enjoyed the meet.
id like to :nutkick: bloody richard hammond :haha:

Pedro Fandango
Sunday 1st May 2005, 21:36
Richard Hammond, isn't he the short one on top gear?

riedquat
Sunday 1st May 2005, 21:42
Just need to the chaps who had cameras to get the pics up.

fraz13
Sunday 1st May 2005, 21:54
Heres a couple to start with

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/Front.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/rears.jpg

chriskay
Sunday 1st May 2005, 22:05
Great meet; missed the issue with the landlord.....pity.
Cheers, chris.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Sunday 1st May 2005, 22:05
Just for you mate, but i'm sure Dave amd Judge will post a set on gallery as they are technically more advanced than us Yorkshire men.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Sunday 1st May 2005, 22:21
Hey Judge i hope u didn't run over your pint glass. :slap:

Tomcat
Sunday 1st May 2005, 22:21
Couple more:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/834414/Stretton1.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/834414/stretton2.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/834414/stretton3.jpg

S40xs
Sunday 1st May 2005, 22:24
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/thekaosengine/PICT0002_sm.jpg

Dave will feck it for you and you!!! Just joking fella.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Sunday 1st May 2005, 22:24
Heres my own personal favourite car of the day, i think lol.
Big n Dafts V70 R.

S40xs
Sunday 1st May 2005, 22:27
Really enjoyed todays meet, shame about that ass evicting us from the car park.

What pub are we getting barred from next then???

S40xs
Sunday 1st May 2005, 22:33
One lonely looking Fraz mobile

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/thekaosengine/PICT0001_sm.jpg

TangoDeltaSierra3
Sunday 1st May 2005, 22:33
Oooopz, i'm so sorry i posted some pics with reg numbers! What else can i say, i wont post nay more peeps, Soz! :slap:

S40xs
Sunday 1st May 2005, 22:35
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/thekaosengine/PICT0004_sm.jpg

S40xs
Sunday 1st May 2005, 22:39
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/thekaosengine/PICT0003_sm.jpg

S40xs
Sunday 1st May 2005, 22:47
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/thekaosengine/PICT0005_sm.jpg

Andrew
Sunday 1st May 2005, 22:52
So why where the cops called then ?
Did you lot refuse to leave quietly or something ?

pyrotechnictigger
Sunday 1st May 2005, 23:00
I certainly did not leave quietly :B_steerin

Tomcat
Sunday 1st May 2005, 23:01
Nobody called the cops, the Landlord threatened to at the end if we didnt leave within half an hour. Spesh got pulled by some random copper who was hanging around nearby.

Titch
Sunday 1st May 2005, 23:08
Can't wait fot the Scottish meet Now! Who would have thought that a load of "sensible Volvo drivers" could end up in trouble? I somehow think the landlord may well be one who suffers the most though (hopefully)

spesh
Sunday 1st May 2005, 23:10
I'm home at last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great day got to drive bigndaft's V70R, wat a great car, got to get some 4wd, took some people of for a scare i mean drive in my car!! great day shame bout the landlord

fraz13
Sunday 1st May 2005, 23:18
He wiz just a choob, between us all we spent a small fortune, he wiz an ignorant £££££ aswell, fair enough av got a strong accent but he wiz nearly in ma face 2 hear me, a musta repeated maself bout 3 times, a said on behalf of everyone we wont be back, he just said thats up 2 you, obviously dont need the business but al say it again, well done Mrs Mopp for standin yer ground :wink:

Tomcat
Sunday 1st May 2005, 23:24
Well said that man, didn't know you had it in you Moppy

Andrew
Sunday 1st May 2005, 23:32
What exactly did MrsM do ?

Surely she was her usual charming self ?

Tomcat
Sunday 1st May 2005, 23:53
Oh she was, but she certainly didnt let the landlord walk all over her. Gave him a right going over.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 2nd May 2005, 00:21
Maybe in hindsight it was not a good idea to start trying to fix the fuel trim/elbow issue on Firthman's car, but we certainly did not deserve that kinda treatment.

The rest of the car park still had loads of room. We didn't make that much fuss.

On top of which most ate, all bought beverages of one kind or another. I thought Judge had cleared it with him? I have no time for such ££££££££s, with narrow minded view on the world.

Other than that I had the best day in ages. Company as ever was excellent. The sun shone, the 5 pots warbled and I got to meet peeps who I should have - some time ago. Fraz is a diamond geeza. I hope you enjoyed my baby!

I always have a laugh with the other regulars and it was really great meeting some Noobs!

Big thanks to Chris for my new shiny fuel rail cover. :D

Roll on Dyno day!

Cheers to Spesh for keeping me company along the M6 and for saving the day on the Firthmoblie!

I am still keen to hear if the long term fuel trim has been sorted and fueling has been returned to something near normal.

S40xs
Monday 2nd May 2005, 00:32
As Fraz clearly pointed out that guy was a choob, it wasnt like we were causing any trouble - I think if it was any one else they would have been glad of all the extra business!!

Thing that gets me is he was saying that "his regulars" couldnt park up as we were taking all the space even tho we were neatly tucked away in the corner - i could understand what he was saving if we'd have been a bunch of scrots .Ma is off to find a chavvie forum to get a meet there but this time with a load of barry's to invade his precious car park.

I also think it would be good to get a letter of complaint over to the brewery on how rude this micker was, im sure their'll see sense as there was 20(?) plus of us all willing to part with money.

fraz13
Monday 2nd May 2005, 09:40
Cheers 4 the wee shot of your car Dave, very impressed in the handling, a wee bit scared goin round that roundabout with you saying....this is 40....50....60....thats 70 hahahaha, superbs man :sinner:

jim.covers
Monday 2nd May 2005, 11:07
AWWW i always miss out on the fun... Wot a pr1ck the landlord is... cant believe that... i was only there a short time... waited 45 mins for me grub spent best part o £15 in there. how the f... can he moan??? every1 drinkin, spendin etc. crazy!

Anyway had a top couple o hrs wi u lot. superb :remybussi

Mrsmopp
Monday 2nd May 2005, 11:45
I didn't want to go to town on the guy cos I dont think it would have helped the situation but I think he forgot the fact that we had spent hard earned cash in his pub are were continuing to do so. But thats ok, a nice letter to the brewery should appease us all with a written apology me thinks!!

Would be nice to do another sunday lunch event, good food, good company and the best car's out in the car park!! Although this time we will find someone happy to continue to take our money!! LOL

x

chriskay
Monday 2nd May 2005, 12:46
If we want somewhere in the same area, the Hollow Tree is just a few hundred yards south of the Fox. Large car park & a long lay-by as well.
Cheers, Chris.

Ross9
Monday 2nd May 2005, 16:45
Sounds like this guy really needs his head looked at. What a bizarre approach to take with paying customers.

Normally pubs etc welcome groups of car people, we were encouraged to phone and book when we were planning a meet, so that they could set an area of the pub aside for us.

Some landlords are just a**holes though, I meet plenty of good and a few bad while delivering to the pubs. His loss I would say. I'll be pretty confident in saying its unlikely the hospitality will be anything less than welcoming on the Scottish meet though.

Ross

firthman
Monday 2nd May 2005, 18:30
aya you lot,sorry for the delay but i aint got internet acess any more.ive had to come to my mums! anyway had a great day apart from the landlord,what a £££££ ,I CANT THANK you enough for sortin the car out its fine now thnx spesh and dave.nice to meet everyone and i hope to see you all soon firthman.

gjb71
Monday 2nd May 2005, 19:13
have just been reading through posts, sounds like u lot had a gr8 day and now ur all barred from a pub, THIS IS THE FIRST MEETING FIRTHMAN has been 2, i've known him 4 over 20yrs and i'm not suprised!! lol.
u have been warned.

ps thanx for all ur welcomes

pyrotechnictigger
Monday 2nd May 2005, 19:56
The hollow tree and good food go together like saxos and good engineering.

There are a couple of pubs down the a49 from that junction that do good food. The only one with a decent car park is the Leigh arms just befor the Weaverham bridge. The Chetwode Arms is excellent for food, but small car park.

Kent Canary
Monday 2nd May 2005, 20:13
Sounds like I missed a right old do!

siamblue
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 02:05
Sounds like I missed a right old do!

One coming to a town near you soon Canary :B_steerin
East Anglia us up.

bigndaft
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 13:22
Hi guys...what a great afternoon, twas my first meet and really enjoyed meeting you lot. looks like i had left before the sh*t hit the cooling fan :pants: should have stuck around :) thanks TangoDelta...for praising the 'R', you could have had a go :B_steerin Spesh seemed to like it...although his monster would take mine to the cleaners :frown:
I'll post some picks when I've sorted em out.

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 13:39
I've just quickly jotted a letter together - I'll post it up in a bit before I post it off!! :nutkick:

x

fraz13
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 13:44
GO NAT!!!!! :ready2go: :ices_rofl :B_program :buttkick: :hail:

spesh
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 13:48
[QUOTE=bigndaft]thanks TangoDelta...for praising the 'R', you could have had a go :B_steerin Spesh seemed to like it...although his monster would take mine to the cleaners :frown:
QUOTE]
It Was a dream to drive, so much different to my car, 4 wheel drive system on my shopping list next I think lol!!!

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 14:52
03rd May 2005

Mitchells & Butlers plc
27 Fleet Street
Birmingham
B3 1JP

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Stretton Fox Public House

Having visited the above named establishment on Sunday 01st May 2005 I felt it necessary to bring to your attention the attitude and general bad manners of the landlord of the establishment.

An event was organised on our website to enable us to meet with some of our more northerly members and the Stretton Fox was agreed to be both large enough to cater for us and easy to get to being just off the M56. 3 of us arrived just prior to the opening of the public house, around 11.45am. Our other members began to arrive from around 1.30pm to 2pm and we ordered our meals at around 2.15pm. There were approximately 25 of us attending. Having ordered our meals not only did they all arrive at different times despite having ordered at the same time but the timing of the food arriving had a delay of around 30minutes from the first plate arriving at the table and the last plate arriving at the table which meant that we were unable to eat together.

Having eaten and being a glorious day many of our party proceeded to the car park to chat and discuss the cars we had in common. We continued to order drinks and we believe we must have generated around £375.00 revenue for the establishment during our time there.

However, the Landlord approached us at around 4.30pm and asked us to leave as we had “used” his pub for long enough. Despite our pleas that we had spent good money with him and were continuing to do so he advised us that if we did not leave he would call the police.

We were hoping to be able to generate larger and more frequent northerly meets at the Stretton Fox, however, following this incident Mitchells and Butlers plc has left a bad taste in our mouths. We have around 1000 members whom, although didn’t attend the meet, are now well aware of the way we were treated and are happy to no longer use your establishments. We have also now found a public house nearby that will be happy to have us every six months and are more than happy to have us there all day spending money.

We realise that this is just one member of Mitchells and butlers staff and may not be a true representation of the company as a whole, we would like to hear from you if this is the case.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this matter.

Yours faithfully

Natasha Voce
For and on Behalf of
Volvot5.co.uk

Anyone disagree?

x

fraz13
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 15:01
Sounds good to me Nat :wink: look 4ward to hearin the reply..... if there is one :nutkick:

glock19
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 15:23
Sure takes a lady to put it nicely, doesn't it .... :nutkick:

chriskay
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 15:45
Send it Nats :remybussi

Andrew
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 15:54
Looks good Nat - you may want to put a bit more in about his attitude. At the mo he's just asked you to leave but if he was swearing at you etc that would help get your point accross.

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 15:57
He didn't swear tho. TBH being a complaints manager myself going into the nitty gritty often detracts from the actual complaint. Keeping it simple and straight to the point not only gives it a more professional feel but also holds the readers attention.

x

fraz13
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 15:58
He never swore, just adamant that we left, he didny care that we were still spending

TangoDeltaSierra3
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 16:00
Lets just nip back with a balaclava on and a bit of 4 x 2. That generally gets the messae across. :troutslap Arse!

Martinr
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 16:10
Just one point. You missed the capital B in Butlers last but one paragraph.

Sorry, years of proof reading documents :)

Andrew
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 17:22
I was simply trying to state you needed to beef up the complaint against him as an individual otherwise I can see them writting back and saying "each pub manager has the right to decide who they want on pub property and who they do not" where as if he swore at you (which obviously he didn't and I know that now) or did something in addition to asking you to leave you should include it to drive the point over.

Andrew.

Waxworks
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 17:22
Brilliant, welll said.
Perfect letter, straight to the point with no beating around the bush.
Will be interesting to see what they have to say.

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 17:25
I was simply trying to state you needed to beef up the complaint against him as an individual otherwise I can see them writting back and saying "each pub manager has the right to decide who they want on pub property and who they do not" where as if he swore at you (which obviously he didn't and I know that now) or did something in addition to asking you to leave you should include it to drive the point over.

Andrew.

Not sure what your employment status had to do with the thread Andrew - which maybe why you have now emitted it :wtf:

I dont feel the letter needs "beefing up" I just wanted to run the letter by those that were there in case I forget to mention something.

x

Andrew
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 17:29
Not sure what your employment status had to do with the thread Andrew - which maybe why you have now emitted it :wtf:

I mis read your initial response about you being a manager - so removed it as it wasn't applicable.

I dont feel the letter needs "beefing up" I just wanted to run the letter by those that were there in case I forget to mention something.

x

No problems - you asked for opinions - I gave one - you didn't feel it neccessary - subject closed.

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 21:32
Excellent letter...I would urge all those who attended and felt they personally were hard done by should also send a letter to the head office. Their customer services may only think that this is a one person crusade against them, however if they were to recieve more complaints they are more likely to take this issue seriously. I have spoken to our legal representative at work who can not think of anything in legal status that the landlord did, after all he was protecting his interests from his point of view. He can refuse to serve anyone at the drop of a hat if he likes. However he does not think that the police could have taken any action other than mediate a peaceful resolution and be available if things were to take a turn.

Some points to consider...

1. ) Yes we were repairing a car. This was being done as a favour and at the end of the day if the AA or other was to be called because the car would not have started if it was not completed, they would have blocked other parking spaces so that he had access to his van at all times.

2. ) We did spend a considerable amount of money and I know that my last drink was bought at 4pm just before the trouble started so they have no arguement that we were just blocking the car park.

3. ) I've attended 10 other meets of this type since I've been driving at pubs/hotels/country parks with other groups more akin to the CHAV-like activities. All of these meets (and I mean ALL until now) the Landlord has taken an active interest in the cars, what we are about; how often we meet; how we find the area;...etc. This of course is encouraging us to spend as much time there as possible because he knows he would get us back spending more money if we liked the facilities. Also it is an excuse for him to keep an eye on us.

4. ) The Landlord complained about us taking up multiple spaces with only one car. Most previous landlords who thought we were taking too much space actively encourged us to park responsibly and we never took offence when asked to shimmy the cars up so he could get more cars in. Just a polite word would have worked...

I feel that we are not a forum that is all loud engines/music/and general d*cking about(all the time). I feel that we have a vast range of interests (and dare I say ages..), but most importantly I think that we all spent a day in a mature manner and did not offend anybody.
1. All of our participants who took test drives made sure that they were out of the car park prior to any anti-social activities.
2. No member was aggressive towards the landlord.
3. We left no mess when we finally did leave(even though a few did leave them a two wheeled salute in disgust).

......so when we going back then......??..... :bricks: ....I'll get my coat....

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 21:45
I am quite happy to write a letter detailing my experience.

Mrsmopp
Monday 16th May 2005, 09:37
Quick update!

I recieved a very nice letter from the Management @ Mitchells and Butlers.

The details of our letter have been brought to the attention of the manager of the Fox and the retail business manager for that area and M&B want them to investigate our complaint.

They apologise for our disappointing visit - as does the manager of the Fox (LOL)

They would like to discuss the issue with me in more detail and have requested that I contact them.

Looks like we are important after all.

x

fraz13
Monday 16th May 2005, 09:49
They apologise for our disappointing visit - as does the manager of the Fox (LOL)
Haha they might apologise coz they dont want the bad publicity (if you found out who the brewers were for that you'll know all their others) but am sure he didnt want to really, he really couldnt care less but needs to suck up as he dont wanna p!ss off the brewery,

Glad you got a good response tho Nat, keep us all informed, never know, there could be a few meal tickets there haha ovbiously not at the Fox tho :wink:

Justin
Monday 16th May 2005, 09:54
Good on ya moppy :)

Wobbly Dave
Monday 16th May 2005, 10:31
Wobbly Sings

#There maybe trouble ahead....#

LOL

Top work Mopster!