just made a new badge for my grill.
what do ya think?

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/stainesy1978/Photo-0087.jpg

irf
Sunday 19th October 2008, 13:14
grille good. badge bad. imo

S70T5Chris
Sunday 19th October 2008, 13:17
I don't think it looks right the way it is. My advice would be dump the "T-5", and move the "R" further into the corner. And I rekon get the outside rim of the grille colour coded.

stephenevans99
Sunday 19th October 2008, 13:21
I think you should stop tinkering with your grill Stainesy.....You had it looking perfect with the 'R' badge in the bottom right corner.

If your bored and want something to do...come around here and clean my gutters !!! lol

stainesy
Sunday 19th October 2008, 13:23
dont wona paint the outer edge of grill at my car is yellow with black details. but what do you think to moving all of it further to the right?

stephenevans99
Sunday 19th October 2008, 13:27
IMO ditch the T-5 badge and place the R in the far bottom-right corner.

It's your car though & whatever you think looks best is best !!

stainesy
Sunday 19th October 2008, 13:35
i honestly like it the way it is. may move all of it over abit but i like it coz its diferant. dont want the same as everyone els. everybody has there R in the bottom right corner. wanted to be abit diferant by putting the T-5 above it

stephenevans99
Sunday 19th October 2008, 13:47
Sometimes it's good to be different....Just don't stick a nismo GT-R badge in the middle !!

stainesy
Sunday 19th October 2008, 13:49
Sometimes it's good to be different....Just don't stick a nismo GT-R badge in the middle !!

no fear of that LOL

Okete
Sunday 19th October 2008, 13:49
Okay, Fine, Lovely - Just Do It!

What next!..................................

Green neons under the car?
Gold plated wing mirrors?
14 seat conversion?
Purple roof lining?
Bull bars?
Leopard skin upholstery?

Oh Stainesy, just leave the car in peace!

irf
Sunday 19th October 2008, 13:55

14 seat conversion?
Purple roof lining?
Bull bars?
Leopard skin upholstery?

Oh Stainesy, just leave the car in piece!

edited for accuracy:biggrin:

stainesy
Sunday 19th October 2008, 13:55

14 seat conversion?
Purple roof lining?
Bull bars?
Leopard skin upholstery?

Oh Stainesy, just leave the car in piece!

mate dont you think you are going abit ott over a T-5 badge being put on a T-5?
i mean heavon fabid somebody may want to put a T-5 badge on a T-5.
i mean what next people will start puting focus badges on ford fucus,s LOL

stephenevans99
Sunday 19th October 2008, 13:58

14 seat conversion?
Purple roof lining?
Bull bars?
Leopard skin upholstery?

Will you pimp my Tino...I like how your thinking - Laurence Llewelyn Bowen meets Qok/Wok/Kak (whatever his name is)

Okete
Sunday 19th October 2008, 14:00
Yeah, Kak sounds about right!!

stainesy
Sunday 19th October 2008, 14:06
Yeah, Kak sounds about right!!

god soomebody is hormoanal today.

considering this is ment to be a friendly helpfull place all it seems to be full of lately is bitchy coments and p!ss taking of peoples ideas.

not very many open minded people on here is there. its almost as if alot of people on here have no imagenation at all and cant think for them selfs.

oh my god somebody is trying something diferant, quick stop him.

y2blade
Sunday 19th October 2008, 14:10
god soomebody is hormoanal today.

considering this is ment to be a friendly helpfull place all it seems to be full of lately is bitchy coments and p!ss taking of peoples ideas.

not very many open minded people on here is there. its almost as if alot of people on here have no imagenation at all and cant think for them selfs.

oh my god somebody is trying something diferant, quick stop him.

if it makes you happy then why care what other people think?!?

:)

stephenevans99
Sunday 19th October 2008, 14:14
if it makes you happy then why care what other people think?!?

:)

Well said.

We just don't want your T5R appearing on BarryBoys.

Okete
Sunday 19th October 2008, 14:22
Stainsey,

It's not just about the t5 badge is it?

Never a day goes by without you posting up some problem, agony tale, 'good idea', request for help, tale of woe ............whatever. That is what forums are for I guess but you seem to take it to extremes - never mind, that's the way you are perhaps.

In this case you asked for an opinion and I gave you mine.

You don't like it?

Fine, okay - your prerogative.
How does that make me hormonal Dr Stainsey?
Is agreement with you the acid test of open-mindedness?
If I don't happen to agree with you, does that mean I have no imagination?

Nobody is stopping you from doing whatever you want to your car - go ahead!

Not everybody is going to endorse your 'good ideas' but thankfully it's a free country!

fast-t5
Sunday 19th October 2008, 14:52

14 seat conversion?
Purple roof lining?
Bull bars?
Leopard skin upholstery?

Oh Stainesy, just leave the car in peace!

okete granted your welcome to your own opinion but an open answer like this to a harmless question was a little ott, i mean if hes like me i like other ppl's opinions wether i agree or not so as far as im concerned stainsey keep asking if it gives you confidence to do something then carry on chap

The Flying Banana
Sunday 19th October 2008, 15:11
I think it looks out of place, i would think it looks much better with a standard grill colour coded to the alloys with the standard black and silver badge and slash in the middle. Boring but a slight improvement on the OEM grill.
Here is one with chrome and 1 with dark, thinking actually I am prefering just the standard chrome one

fast-t5
Sunday 19th October 2008, 15:22
very true imo im not so keen on it but if every car looked the same it would be a boring world lol i have to say i dont even really like the black grills im happy with the standard ones.

y2blade
Sunday 19th October 2008, 15:27
I think it looks out of place, i would think it looks much better with a standard grill colour coded to the alloys with the standard black and silver badge and slash in the middle. Boring but a slight improvement on the OEM grill.
Here is one with chrome and 1 with dark, thinking actually I am prefering just the standard chrome one

the std chrome grill looks ALOT better of those two cars tbh

The Flying Banana
Sunday 19th October 2008, 15:33
here is acouple of clearer pics, i am tending towards the standard chrome aswell. But as been said, we are all different and if you like your grill Stainsy, keep it mate ,

y2blade
Sunday 19th October 2008, 15:54
here is acouple of clearer pics, i am tending towards the standard chrome aswell. But as been said, we are all different and if you like your grill Stainsy, keep it mate ,

i just dont get the obsession amongst volvo guys with changing the front grill!!!!!!

fast-t5
Sunday 19th October 2008, 15:59
i just dont get the obsession amongst volvo guys with changing the front grill!!!!!!

very true mate i like the original grills but as many times b4 have been said each to there own, lol

stainesy
Sunday 19th October 2008, 16:20
Stainsey,

It's not just about the t5 badge is it?

Never a day goes by without you posting up some problem, agony tale, 'good idea', request for help, tale of woe ............whatever. That is what forums are for I guess but you seem to take it to extremes - never mind, that's the way you are perhaps.

In this case you asked for an opinion and I gave you mine.

You don't like it?

Fine, okay - your prerogative.
How does that make me hormonal Dr Stainsey?
Is agreement with you the acid test of open-mindedness?
If I don't happen to agree with you, does that mean I have no imagination?

Nobody is stopping you from doing whatever you want to your car - go ahead!

Not everybody is going to endorse your 'good ideas' but thankfully it's a free country!

its been a long time since i came on here with a problem about my car and isnt a forum about sharing ideas and chatting about the one thing people have in comon.
yes in the past i have asked alot of questions and i have learnt loads thanks to this site. if i didnt ask the things i have i would still be in the dark on alot of things to do with my car.
there is a big diferance between saying you dont like something and being bitchy and i have found there is alot of people on forums that instead of chatting and giving constructive critasism are just rude and spitefull.

im not pointing that at you in particular there is alot of people like that on forums and its just no help to anybody in my eyes.

thats just my opinion though.

MrMopp
Sunday 19th October 2008, 16:26
I don't like it, if it aint broke don't fix and and IMO a T-5R is all about the simple classic finish without being OTT.

Regarding this "individuality" thing just have a think about another "class" of people who claim that being different it whats its all about and then look at the monstrosities that they drive lol!

I'm not being bitchy (if I was you'd know about it lol) I'm being honest you have an already great looking car why keep fettling about with something that already looks great?

MrsMopp
x

stainesy
Sunday 19th October 2008, 16:31
hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm realy gota think about this one im in 2 minds now LOL

Mrsmopp
Sunday 19th October 2008, 16:35
trust me, I'm female therefore by default I have impeccable taste - leave it alone ;)

x

irf
Sunday 19th October 2008, 16:42
fwiw stainesy i do think you're a bit of an attention whore. that's just internet speak, i am not calling you a whore!

with regards to this thread, yes sometimes it's good to get other peoples opinions if you're unsure but then you'd just end up with a car like everyone else.

the trouble is, if you're looking to be a bit different, there's a very thin line between being "different" and "rubbish and chavvy".

having said that, i have a mesh grille on it's way to me. i won't be looking for anyone elses opinion, if I like it on the car, it stays, if i don't i'll sell it on or give it to someone. simple!

Tomcat
Sunday 19th October 2008, 19:43
I had a mesh grill on my black car, I got sick of people asking me who'd knicked my grill. I've now gone back to the standard grill, albeit painted black with the slash removed and the outside edge left silver.

t5 pete
Sunday 19th October 2008, 20:11
sunday nite handbags at the ready round 2