PDA

View Full Version : 19t turbo

t5 pete
Saturday 18th October 2008, 19:42
Im buying a volvo 850 ecu with white injectors and a 2.5" down pipe for a 19t turbo the ecu has had a rica map for the 19t when i have enough money to buy a 19t will the acuator or any thing else need setting up or will i be able to fit the 19t turbo and thats it just a plug and play

t5 pete
Saturday 18th October 2008, 20:02
Any help plz

irf
Saturday 18th October 2008, 20:16
afaik it should be plug and play. messing about with the actuator depends on wether it's been previously messed about with.

someone more knowledgeable would be more confident then me in answering this but i wouldn't be surprised if it would be a good idea to replace some gaskets and bolts.

http://forums.t5d5.org/index.php?showtopic=4668&hl= 19T for sale if you're interested.

t5 pete
Saturday 18th October 2008, 20:21
Cheers pal

PNuT
Saturday 18th October 2008, 20:28
but a good point to think about is white injectors maybe streched @ 6K..... so makesure everything is working ;)

irf
Saturday 18th October 2008, 20:30
but a good point to think about is white injectors maybe streched @ 6K..... so makesure everything is working ;)

ffs! was thinking i'm missing something while i was posting! thank you Pnut.

you'll probably be okay but for peace of mind when it's all done, get it on a rolling road just to check your air/fuel ratio.

Tim Williams
Saturday 18th October 2008, 20:42
The ECU and injectors your looking at fueled a 19T fine to 6k on the car they came off.

PNuT
Saturday 18th October 2008, 20:44
The ECU and injectors your looking at fueled a 19T fine to 6k on the car they came off.

good stuff....

t5 pete
Saturday 18th October 2008, 21:40
Hi tim so will every thing be fine once i get hold of a 19t with this set up? im looking forward to doing it just wanting to do as much reaserch as i can, would a different set of injectors be better or am i best just sticking to the white ones
cheers pete

t5 pete
Saturday 18th October 2008, 22:23
Also if i did decide to put larger injectors on would the ecu need reprograming or does the larger injectors just allow the fuel to flow more easy also is it the green injectors that are the large ones

irf
Saturday 18th October 2008, 22:38
as a general rule, any change of injectors would need remapping to suit. there are exceptions to this rule but you need to know what you're doing. i don't!

t5 pete
Saturday 18th October 2008, 22:44
I was just woundering due to the subject of the white injectors being streached at 6k meaning the flow of fuel possibley so i was just woundering if i put larger injectors on it would just allow a better cappacity of fuel to flow at 6k or would it cause problem i.e mixture (why are things so confusing??????????) lol
Anyway thankyou for all your help ill get there in the end hopefully

volvolised
Sunday 19th October 2008, 18:34
Hi pete, being the seller of the said rica,injectors and downpipe i will say yes it's plug and play, you will need gaskets and various 'o' rings etc. i can pm you the listing for those bits about £75 costings...Dont play with the actuator the 19T has loads of torque at 1 bar...it was running at 1.2/1.3 bar on my car.....the closer your car is to my spec when i had it the better....reason being, on the same map with these works carried out by tim;- a 3" downpipe, tims throttle body,and a tim ported S60R exhaust manifold it suddenly was hitting over 2 bar and we drove it like it..was fun ..if i hadn't had the rods done (which is why we let it run so high) i'd have bent the rods on first boost. Once you get into the modding you wont stop, so one massive benifit will be an AFR monitor which you would always need at whatever extent you customize to.. warren

t5 pete
Sunday 19th October 2008, 20:02
Hi warren whats a AFR monitor? and i would be greatfull if you could pm me the listing of the gaskets n O rings also what spec was your car at before you added the other parts.
cheers pete

irf
Sunday 19th October 2008, 20:08
AFR= air/fuel ratio.

if you are looking at modifying your car then definetly worthwhile. they're not cheap though so depends on wether you'll keep fettling your car or not.

do not get a narrowband one, next to useless, it would have to be a wideband to be worthwhile.

t5 pete
Sunday 19th October 2008, 20:13
OHHH do you mean a gauge or something that alters it also whats a wide band one also if its not a gauge how do i aquire one and also fit it or will i need it setting up
cheers pete

irf
Sunday 19th October 2008, 20:23
there's a gauge, a unit and a lambda sensor.

gauge goes inside the car for you to monitor.

unit goes in the engine bay somewhere.

lambda sensor needs to go into the downpipe, near the turbo.

easy for me to say as i had a friend(who knows what he's doing) fit it but you really need to get it fitted by someone who knows what they're doing.

t5 pete
Sunday 19th October 2008, 20:26
where can i get one from?

volvolised
Sunday 19th October 2008, 21:16
hi pete, o.k so i mentioned an afr, basicaly this gauge will make sure you know your running lean or not..e.g if the white injectors are above 100% duty cycle....(excessive % lean means you melt pistons)..have a chat with the person i mentioned in my p.m and you will be enlightened..

t5 pete
Sunday 19th October 2008, 21:29
cheers warran once again thanks for your help do you have a AFR monitor i can get a gauge easy and have plenty of lamba sensors

volvolised
Sunday 19th October 2008, 21:51
A decent wideband AFR inc fitting is £300 + so lets get back to our very first post......i have a downpipe,injectors and ecu that will compliment a 19T....i ran this set up for a couple of years,' you tend to learn not to floor it at low revs in a high gear ,this is when it's at it's most vunerable (bend a rod) point.'....i'm going to be completely honest here.....the rica set up i'm selling is not as good as the CUSTOM mte BUT it's a 1/4 the cost and its plug and play.

t5 pete
Sunday 19th October 2008, 21:56
IF it was fine on your car i shouldnt see why i should have any probs i look forward to getting it