PDA

View Full Version : being messed about

stainesy
Saturday 18th October 2008, 19:27
last week i won a 7 seat conversion on ebay for a total of £180 the bloke emailed me and said he was gona send them by corior sat morning so i should get them mon/tue. well its now sat and i have been emailing him all week asking him whats going on with them and no reply.
i just emailed him and said that i was going to take action through paypal to get my money back unless he contacts me. and sudenly i get an email sayin he has been emailing me and havnt i been getting them. he said that he emailed me saying the corior was gona charge him twice what he thought it was gona be so he was gona deliver them persanaly last sunday but i didnt reply to his emails.

funny how i didnt get any of his suposed emails all week but as soon as i sugest getting my money back his email gets through to me fine.

do you recon im being done? and should i just take action through paypal?

dibble34
Saturday 18th October 2008, 19:32
I may be being a bit to simple here, but have you checked your junk mail folder (if you have outlook). Your ISP should be able to track mail that has entered their system so you could ask them to take a look if you know his email address. I am not sure if they can give this sort of info out however.

stainesy
Saturday 18th October 2008, 19:34
dont have outlook my email address is a hotmail one and there has been no emails from him at all. but sudenly when i say i want my money back he emails me.

t5 pete
Saturday 18th October 2008, 19:35
There are some rite t***ers on ebay ive had some rite problems wi sellers in the past if your not desprite for the 7seat conversion i would try and get my money back also do you need a 7seat conversion if not you could always have a nice boot build in with sum subs.
Any way back on to ebay i sold a 850 titan wheel around 2months ago i sent it through parcel force and they tried to deliver it to the buyer twice and he was never in and never tried to contact parcel force so it ended up cumin back to me the buyer said he was gunna sort it out with parcel force to redeliver and to this day he hasnt contacted me agian nor have parcel force im unsure what to do.

neevo
Saturday 18th October 2008, 19:36
Maybe he had your email wrong and sending the emails the address had a typo and were going astray but when you emailed him he just clicked reply.

I say give him a 2nd chance

stephenevans99
Saturday 18th October 2008, 19:37
P&P can be quite expensive through the Post Office and some sellers are caught out. It's amazing how many people don't 'shop' for couriers, they presume the PO is the only option.

If he's offered to deliver it personally, I'd ask for his phone number so you can speak to him directly to arrange a specific day. The guy might be genuine....what's his feedback like?

stephenevans99
Saturday 18th October 2008, 19:40
and should i just take action through paypal?

Remember Stainesy....Paypal will only refund you IF the seller has the funds in his account.

stainesy
Saturday 18th October 2008, 19:42
Maybe he had your email wrong and sending the emails the address had a typo and were going astray but when you emailed him he just clicked reply.

I say give him a 2nd chance

iv just emailed him saying i want the seats ny wednesday otherwise i want the money back. i eplained my wife is about to give birth any day now and i need the seats.

and why did he not just click reply to all the emails i have sent all week.
ben lookin at his profile on ebay and looks like its a scrap yard. and there is feedback saying took 15 weeks to deliver and no copntact but also mostly good feedback.

aint got time to f**k about with this bloke im pretty sure i beeing done or atleast he will send them when he can be asked sometime. how long does it take to get money back through paypal?

stainesy
Saturday 18th October 2008, 19:42
Remember Stainesy....Paypal will only refund you IF the seller has the funds in his account.
i thought paypal insures any transaction even if they have to pay out themselfs

t5 pete
Saturday 18th October 2008, 19:44
It takes ages you have to set up a dispute with the seller and you may have to show evidence of you trying to contact him

stephenevans99
Saturday 18th October 2008, 19:44
Post up a link to the ebay item or the sellers other items so we can have a look at this guy.

stephenevans99
Saturday 18th October 2008, 19:48
i thought paypal insures any transaction even if they have to pay out themselfs

.....that's what they want you to believe.

When you open and win the Paypal dispute, if the sellers account doesn't have the funds, you'll receive a nice email congratulating you on 'winning' but unfortunately cannot compensate you due to their (sellers) account having no funds!!!

stainesy
Saturday 18th October 2008, 19:49
just looked at where he lives and he lives 226 miles away from me and he says he was gona deliver them persanaly coz he didnt want to pay extra for postage. it would cost more in fuel to get to me and home than to send them. that to me says this geeezer is full of it

stainesy
Saturday 18th October 2008, 19:52
if it comes to it cant the police do anything if i say the man has stolen my money

stephenevans99
Saturday 18th October 2008, 19:54
Have a quick look here in Ebays/Paypals Terms & Conditions:

Terms&Conditions (https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?PPREDIRECT=-Y72PF9XfE74SpEPSIAkkEODn3DHQLlrlXILmjMDGXpMJk5R2ML VoMXpRLnZwfjljfQKDNXnGCkOmEtImIDcp3c-VcB_Pdb3hW11e0)

Especially the bit that reads:

13.13 What if PayPal makes a final decision in my favour?

If PayPal makes a final decision in your favour, we will collect any available funds in the seller’s PayPal balance at that time. However, recovery is not guaranteed and is limited only to the amounts that PayPal can recover from the seller’s Account. Any amounts collected from the seller will be placed in your Account.

Typical !!!!!!

stainesy
Saturday 18th October 2008, 19:58
well thats crap paypal is crap then. im soooo f'ing peed off right now.

like the bloke is gona traven 226 miles coz he dont wona pay abit extra on postage. yeah right.

*Edited by Justin, watch you language please*

stephenevans99
Saturday 18th October 2008, 20:03
I think the minute you open a dispute with the seller, you could kiss your cash goodbye. I'd still try and contact him by phone and calmly try to resolve it...if he wants to deliver the seats personally, tell him to crack on !!

I've been had for just a few ££'s and I was well peeved, I can't even imagine how pi**ed off you are at the moment.

nathT5
Saturday 18th October 2008, 20:13

yes and thats fxckin wrong too,
i was stung by this a while ago, paypal and ebay always seem to side with the ripping off t055ers,
i,m still £45 down and paypal dont pay you anything if they cant recover it first.

stainesy
Saturday 18th October 2008, 20:14
he hasnt given me a phone number. hav just looked on his feedback and alot of it says took a long time to deliver and not contactable but did receive item in the end.

tbh im not that bothered if he said it may take a wile to deliver its the blatant lies that have f**ked me off.

PNuT
Saturday 18th October 2008, 20:17
he has probably read your posts on here

Tomcat
Saturday 18th October 2008, 20:20
Best to leave it for now and hope it turns up, when you eventualy get it just crap all over him with bad feedback. Make sure people know what an idiot he is. I did this when I bought a graphics tablet off Ebay, it turned up quickly enough but the pen wasn't working. After being mucked about something chronic I blew my stack and left him very, very bad feedback calling him a thief and telling everyone to stay away from him. As he had loads of others he was trying to sell he was in contact imediatley, his other customers where asking what it was all about and refusing to pay him. All got sorted out very quickly after that.

Go check his other items for sale, see what else he's trying to sell.

Also, although you paid through Paypal, where did the funds come from?, was it your bank or a credit card?. If it was a credit car then you should be able to claim it back from them instead.

stainesy
Saturday 18th October 2008, 20:20
he has probably read your posts on here

and?

stainesy
Saturday 18th October 2008, 20:22
Best to leave it for now and hope it turns up, when you eventualy get it just crap all over him with bad feedback. Make sure people know what an idiot he is. I did this when I bought a graphics tablet off Ebay, it turned up quickly enough but the pen wasn't working. After being mucked about something chronic I blew my stack and left him very, very bad feedback calling him a thief and telling everyone to stay away from him. As he had loads of others he was trying to sell he was in contact imediatley, his other customers where asking what it was all about and refusing to pay him. All got sorted out very quickly after that.

Go check his other items for sale, see what else he's trying to sell.

Also, although you paid through Paypal, where did the funds come from?, was it your bank or a credit card?. If it was a credit car then you should be able to claim it back from them instead.

it was off my visa depit card from my bank

Tomcat
Saturday 18th October 2008, 20:23
Check with your bank to see if your covered, you may be.

PNuT
Saturday 18th October 2008, 20:24
and?

he is a jedi knight & knows you dont really want a seven seat conversion!

he knows you want a 19T & race cat

stephenevans99
Saturday 18th October 2008, 20:24
Stainesy....could you post a link or item number of any of his other items so we can all have a nosey !!

stainesy
Saturday 18th October 2008, 20:25
well im gona see what happens and give it maybe a week then im gona unleash my haud of children upon him. fly my prettys, fly. LOL

Tomcat
Saturday 18th October 2008, 20:25

Lol @ Pnut.

PNuT
Saturday 18th October 2008, 20:26
Stainesy....could you post a link or item number of any of his other items so we can all have a nosey !!

bingo <roll eyes round & round>

stainesy
Saturday 18th October 2008, 20:31

i take it you are selling a 19t and race cat then mate LOL

PNuT
Saturday 18th October 2008, 20:42
i take it you are selling a 19t and race cat then mate LOL

nope....

crispy has some bargains tho..... but he wont post to australia!

Mrsmopp
Saturday 18th October 2008, 21:19
Pnut stop being a wind up merchant please

And can some of the language be toned down please :)

x

stainesy
Saturday 18th October 2008, 21:21
Pnut stop being a wind up merchant please

And can some of the language be toned down please :)

x

yeah that language was mostly me sorry about that

johntheace
Saturday 18th October 2008, 21:32
hey stainsy how about a link so we can stay clear of the bloke ?

Rufe
Saturday 18th October 2008, 21:46
that's the thing with ebay in general, good bargains but high risks.

from personal experience i don't like paypal really, seeing as they expect you to post out items you sell before they clear the payments some times... and if the buyer doesn't leave feedback then it takes 21 days to get the payment, if they leave negative feedback then you don't get the funds at all. so you have to pay for postage, send to an unknown person and hope they leave you positive feedback. obviously this hasn't happened in this case, shame though as it would have been ideal for you this time. how they select the items that have funds held i don't know exactly, haven't really looked into it.

good luck stainsey, hope this is sorted soon

stephenevans99
Saturday 18th October 2008, 21:58
hey stainsy how about a link so we can stay clear of the bloke ?

I don't think he's too keen on putting a linky up ??!!??

LesRED850R
Sunday 19th October 2008, 10:20
nope....

crispy has some bargains tho..... but he wont post to australia!
Has he got a LHS mirror? I will give him a couple of 19Ts at a good rate if he delivers it personally....

stainesy
Monday 20th October 2008, 19:33
ok have the blokes phone number and rang him. he is seemed abit caut off gaurd when i phoned him and said he is going to use his work van to drive 226 miles after work tomorow evening to deliver them personaly.

so will see tomorrrow weather he turns up.

fair play if he does but would you realy drive 226 miles to save £20 on postage? must cost more than that in fuel

johntheace
Monday 20th October 2008, 19:40
not if hes using company fuel mate...... hope i never have to deal with him though

cookie
Monday 20th October 2008, 19:42
ok have the blokes phone number and rang him. he is seemed abit caut off gaurd when i phoned him and said he is going to use his work van to drive 226 miles after work tomorow evening to deliver them personaly.

so will see tomorrrow weather he turns up.

fair play if he does but would you realy drive 226 miles to save £20 on postage? must cost more than that in fuel

It probably won't cost him a penny, and will probably have a way of including it into work time/overtime

PNuT
Monday 20th October 2008, 19:44
surely the buyer pays postage?

also parcelforce is 11.99 upto 30kg's.... the seats dont weigh that much do they?

johntheace
Monday 20th October 2008, 19:47
we have a saying on my bike forum its called hovis lol

stephenevans99
Wednesday 22nd October 2008, 07:50
Did he turn up Stainesy?

stainesy
Wednesday 22nd October 2008, 19:40
Did he turn up Stainesy?

nope!!!!

he text and said he is going to get off work early and drive over thursday.
so now its tomorow evening.

woz
Wednesday 22nd October 2008, 19:45
nope!!!!

he text and said he is going to get off work early and drive over thursday.
so now its tomorow evening.

Where does he live? Perhaps some of us who live near could roll up outside his house and ask him nicely?
W:>)

stainesy
Wednesday 22nd October 2008, 19:48
billingham, Cleveland somewhere.
will see if he turns up tomorow. if not im gona drive up there myself

stainesy
Thursday 23rd October 2008, 16:56
well its now thursday and the bloke has his phone off

stainesy
Thursday 23rd October 2008, 17:53
ooooooow just had a text saying he left at 4 and should be here by 8

GreenMachine
Thursday 23rd October 2008, 17:57
know how your feeling, I think this is gonna happen alot now things are getting tight - I got done last night - went to send an email to the seller and he's closed his account and p****d off with the money, until I read this thread I was thinking I was going to get me money back ...........great.......*****!!!!!!

GreenMachine
Thursday 23rd October 2008, 17:58
it takes me a while to type so didn't gey your last post - sounds good

t5 pete
Thursday 23rd October 2008, 18:04
Keep ypu fingers crossed that he dont txt u again and sayin that hes broken down

stainesy
Thursday 23rd October 2008, 18:50
Keep ypu fingers crossed that he dont txt u again and sayin that hes broken down

yeah im expecting that one.

S60-MBS
Thursday 23rd October 2008, 21:11
Its now 21:15 I guess he didnt show up then?

stainesy
Thursday 23rd October 2008, 22:14
gess what peeps i the bloke just left he did turn up

S60-MBS
Thursday 23rd October 2008, 22:17
Now thats a result !

stainesy
Thursday 23rd October 2008, 22:21
yes it is. and its in perfect condition. i take back anything i said about the bloke and he was a nice bloke to. ha a cup of to and chatted about cars for a wile. fair play

t5 pete
Thursday 23rd October 2008, 22:24
I cant believe you let him off so easiy
Theres hell of a lot of people that are timewasters on ebay im a person who says there going to do summert and do it even if i dont want to

stainesy
Thursday 23rd October 2008, 22:33
I cant believe you let him off so easiy
Theres hell of a lot of people that are timewasters on ebay im a person who says there going to do summert and do it even if i dont want to

what????????

the bloke drove 226 miles after work to personaly deliver the seats to me and is now driving the same home again.

in think that makes up for taking agaes to deliver in my eyes

stephenevans99
Friday 24th October 2008, 07:58
Good result Stainesy !!!

It's amazing how this guy drove 226 miles rather than spend £20 on a courier though!!

kyebosh
Friday 24th October 2008, 08:06
Good result Stainesy !!!

It's amazing how this guy drove 226 miles rather than spend £20 on a courier though!!

I thought the same, but hey, at least you have them now.