PDA

View Full Version : My 850 T5

dibble34
Saturday 18th October 2008, 18:33
What a day i have had, joined here yesterday and within two days i own two Volvo's! Just purchased a V70r today that needs a bit of TLC, but was too good to refuse. However my question is about my 854 T5. It has done 200000 miles, however i have spent near to £3000 on it over the last year or two getting everything done and it has the RICA 304. I really want to keep it in the family and i want my Dad to have it (he is keen and had it before me). The problem is i don't know how much to charge him.(unfortunatley i can't afford to give it away) It is getting on a bit and is the saloon, but has been maintained by RT Mechanics as will the new one. There is a problem with the T5 and that is that the gears can be a bit stiff when you drive it hard. No clutch slip etc and has been like it for 6 mths, but it ain't making it worth anymore. I was thinking of charging him £500 quid. Do you guys think that is fair or a bit tight,, bearing in mind the stiff gears? I can't help but think nothing else goes as fast for that money!

stephenevans99
Saturday 18th October 2008, 18:39
If your Dad has had the car before and he knows that you have spent near to £3000 over the previous year or two, I think £500 is not a lot to ask for. Personally I'd tell him £650 with a full tank of Shell's Finest !!

Steve

dibble34
Saturday 18th October 2008, 21:46
cheers Steve. It has half a Tank of Shell's finest so he will have to make do with that! Although i may have to go for a spin first if he does take it. Can't stand the thought of never being able to drive it again so fingers crossed.