PDA

View Full Version : Squeeky Clutch FTW

bailes1992
Saturday 18th October 2008, 12:55
Sorry I find it funny but it's doing my Dad's nut in. Basically it sounds like a spring is slipping on somthing when the clutch is depressed. Any idea's before it goes back into volvo?

Rufe
Saturday 18th October 2008, 15:49
this is under warranty is it not? if so dont worry about it just get it booked in at a dealership and let them work it out

I just took a look into technical reports for you and can see a known issue with clutch squeaking problems on the S40 / V50 in a certain chassis range which i am confident yours would fall into.

like i said above, tell your local dealership about this and there is a fix it seems (involves new clutch springs). They will have to check your car is covered by this as there is a cut off point where they started fitting the modified springs from new. this is not a recall, but if there is a complaint and your car fits into the chassis range, then it shouldn't be a problem to get it sorted under warranty.

bailes1992
Saturday 18th October 2008, 15:51
Alright I've get my Dad to give you a ring next week.

Midnightt4
Saturday 18th October 2008, 15:55
It will more likely be the little clutch cylinder attached to the bulkhead to the right of the fluid reservoir for the brake fluid.

Mines did this kept creaking when depressing the clutch and turned out to be the cylinder.

Not cheap but a quick 10 min job to fix.

Rufe
Saturday 18th October 2008, 15:59
i was editing my post above when the last two posts were made, check out the new info i posted bailes

bailes1992
Saturday 18th October 2008, 16:38
Rufe do you get a Courtesy car with warrent claims like we did when the window fell into the door?

Rufe
Saturday 18th October 2008, 19:35
you have to ask for a courtesy car at the time of booking, though its not my area at all so not sure of the specific details. if you need one mention this when you arrange to book it in.

Simon