PDA

View Full Version : Dynomat b4 speakers change!

LeeT5
Wednesday 15th October 2008, 13:45
Hi guys.

Having just trawled through the i.c.e.forum i discovered that everyone is hell bent on replacing their oe speakers for anything from £30-£6000!!! yet nobody has mentioned 'Dynomat' or indeed the difference it can make to a standard system. Best bit about it is it only costs about £20 for enough mat to do two speakers!

I have just fitted this stuff to my front door speakers because i was fed up with the vibration and rattles that would appear when the volume was cranked up on my oe sc-901 dolby pro logic setup.....So far the results are amazing!!!

All vibration has gone from front doors and the general sound has improved ten fold. Bass is more expandable with no distortion and the volume can really be wound up. Just gotta do the rears now, which will be interesting as they are the main Bass speakers when Dolby is active.

Alot of people have said that oe speakers are good especially on the 850's with premium sound system sc-801/805 and on all the V70's. So why replace what is already good, why not just improve...and save yourself all the grief of cutting/chopping/rewiring etc etc not to mention saving loadsa money too!

Just my ten pence worth....

Slomo
Wednesday 15th October 2008, 17:32
I have got 3 layers of Dynomat on each front door, headlining, Underneath all the seats, footwells and the whole boot as well as the boot lid. I would reccommned doing it but you do not need to goto the same level as me. My car is an SQ show car for Soundstream. At a earpiercing over 135db with the doors and windows closed there is only a slight and a very slight rattle, and you can hardly hear the music from the outside :)

Well worth it.

J

SyKo
Wednesday 15th October 2008, 17:57
i would agree with slomo there. i have quite a lot of sound kit in my old skool brick 740 and i only have 1 layer throughout the car, and in my opinon it rattles more with the single layer on. i have 2 layers in my boot space and that doesnt rattle as much. it also helps if you put a layer on the actual metal of the doors too as it will stop the external panels vibrating too. only shame is, it gets heavy when you layer it up, and my boot build is already very very heavy :(

Slomo
Thursday 16th October 2008, 10:02
Front doors have got Outer skin, inner skin and then door card itself dynomatted. Rear doors have only done 2 layers. No speakers in rear doors as yet. But nearly whole car has been sound proofed and the difference is very noticible. Athough it does not make it that light. I have raised the suspension on my car and it now sitls lower than it ever has done lol

Slo

Baj
Thursday 16th October 2008, 13:25
My old V70's door:
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s76/bajw92/t5/door.jpg

Is good stuffs. :)

Slomo
Friday 17th October 2008, 10:52
lol

errr you cannot see the original metal work on my doors.. Just dynomat lol

AndyJudge
Friday 17th October 2008, 13:01
Dynomatted various areas on my Scooby when I upgraded the speakers & yes it makes a huge difference, Doors now shut with a volvo type clunk as oppossed to the old clang.

Need to be careful though as the Dynomat is V heavy.

SyKo
Friday 17th October 2008, 14:52
yep. my boot lid will not stay up now, i got some quite heavy spring loaded barrels instead of the air tubes that hold it up ... it still wants to fall down, i have to hold it up with a piece of wood lol very professional