PDA

View Full Version : Samco Coolant Hoses????

DuncVolvoTurbo
Monday 13th October 2008, 23:10
I am looking to get a set of Samco's Blue Coolant Hoses for my 1994 Volvo 850 Turbo. On their website they state that they are only for 1996 cars and newer, is there any reason why this would be? I know I can't use the turbo hoses as I have the "up & over" pipe-work, but I wasn't aware of any changes to the coolant ones.

Secondly, I have heard a few people saying that these hoses can collapse on themselves - is this just the turbo hoses, or are the coolant ones prone to this too?

Help me please people, my credit card still has a bit of space on it, so I might as well use it up! lol

T5-TEZ
Tuesday 14th October 2008, 09:00
Hi Duncan,You wont get a full set of silicone boost hoses for your car due to it having the reverse intercooler set up as standard.I got mine made by

http://www.roosemotorsport.co.uk/index.php?osCsid=32b08b66224e4de5372087593cb0409d

DuncVolvoTurbo
Tuesday 14th October 2008, 12:23
Hi there Tez,

Didn't realise you were across here as being across there (T5D5) too. ;)

I kinda guessed about the turbo hoses, it was more the coolant (radiator) hoses I was interested in. Would they fit, even though Samco's website says they are for the 1996 car or newer?

And, has anyone had any problems with the coolant hoses from Samco?

DuncVolvoTurbo
Wednesday 15th October 2008, 10:31
Has nobody got Samco Coolant Hoses? Seriously? Even better if you have a pre-96 with them on!

Please, any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

T5-TEZ
Wednesday 15th October 2008, 13:40
Has nobody got Samco Coolant Hoses? Seriously? Even better if you have a pre-96 with them on!

Please, any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!
Ive only got the top water hose in silicone made by roose and ive had no problems.

Ed.
Thursday 16th October 2008, 21:36
Hi,

From what i have read in the past i think there maybe issues with samco coolant hoses if you drive an auto. I can't remember specifics unfortunately, I think this info was lost in the last 2 years of posts.

Ed

t5 pete
Thursday 16th October 2008, 21:41
I have the samco coolant hoses on my t5 its a manual but i cant see why it would be any different to an auto the only thing that would be a problem with some cheep hoses are they can expand under pressure but if there was a problemwith them samco ones they either woulnt sell them or would change them

DuncVolvoTurbo
Friday 17th October 2008, 00:11
I have the samco coolant hoses on my t5 its a manual but i cant see why it would be any different to an auto the only thing that would be a problem with some cheep hoses are they can expand under pressure but if there was a problemwith them samco ones they either woulnt sell them or would change them

So you would recommend getting them Pete?

fast-t5
Saturday 18th October 2008, 02:58
hi dunc ive got samco coolant hoses in my shed they where on my car for over a year never had any problems altough mine was a 96 model

t5 pete
Saturday 18th October 2008, 19:18
if i was you i would deff get them