PDA

View Full Version : Mini Meet - The Old Gate Inn Canterbury.

snoop69
Monday 13th October 2008, 21:38
Anybody fancy a mini meet in Canterbury?

Unless anyone suggests an alternative venue,how about :-

The Old Gate Inn
New Dover Road,
Canterbury,
Kent,
CT1 3EL

Kick Off 20.00hrs Thusday 16th Oct 08

1. Snoop69
2. Niles
3. t5lover
4. simonc (maybe)
5. t5slave (tbc)
6. luggy

t5lover
Monday 13th October 2008, 21:47
come on peeps it be wicked, what day we going for my man?

snoop69
Monday 13th October 2008, 21:50
come on peeps it be wicked, what day we going for my man?

Oops - thread edited - Thursday??

t5lover
Monday 13th October 2008, 21:55
lol thats cool cant wait now,,,

t5lover
Monday 13th October 2008, 22:59
come on boyz lets get together lol

Niles
Monday 13th October 2008, 23:15
I'm in, not sure wot car I'll be in tho lol

t5lover
Monday 13th October 2008, 23:29
it dont matter mate as long as u turn up thats all that counts lol

simonc
Tuesday 14th October 2008, 09:52
Might come along as i'm near by in sunny Herne/Broomfield. Depends if the wife is going out or got something else planned !

Simon.

t5lover
Tuesday 14th October 2008, 10:46
wicked mate bring your other half with you mine be at work thankgod lol

Niles
Tuesday 14th October 2008, 15:36
+ maybe..... t5slave (tbc)

cookie
Tuesday 14th October 2008, 18:04
working unfortunatly

t5lover
Tuesday 14th October 2008, 20:50
any other people coming this could be a really good kent area get together, i know of a man who is driveing around broadoak road way in canterbury in a saloon t5r in bright red sounds and looks the nuts with the moose badges on the front wings i try and find out who he is, is it anyone on this forum???

simonc
Tuesday 14th October 2008, 22:11
The red 850R saloon in Canterbury, is that not Matt ( Bobcat )who used to come on here ?

t5lover
Tuesday 14th October 2008, 23:18
i said to my brother inlaw tonight about the red 850r and am sure he said his name was matt i find out in the morning,,

y2blade
Tuesday 14th October 2008, 23:26
i would be up for a canterbury meet once i'm able to drive again (broken right foot so cant drive for the time being :( )

i visit family in kent about once a month so would be cool to coincide a visit with a mini meet :)

i'll keep an eye out for future canterbury meets once i'm back behind the wheel :) cafe uno (i think thats what its called, used to be a pub..at the end of the road the sportsman cafe is on..wincheap) does a good breakfast :D

Niles
Tuesday 14th October 2008, 23:45
red 850r in Canterbury + mat/bobcat

t5lover
Wednesday 15th October 2008, 09:31
i would be up for a canterbury meet once i'm able to drive again (broken right foot so cant drive for the time being :( )

i visit family in kent about once a month so would be cool to coincide a visit with a mini meet :)

i'll keep an eye out for future canterbury meets once i'm back behind the wheel :) cafe uno (i think thats what its called, used to be a pub..at the end of the road the sportsman cafe is on..wincheap) does a good breakfast :D

hello mate its a shame you cat come mate it would of been really good,,, u know the places then lol cafe uno in town and my fave is the sportsman cafe the best breky in town lol,, hope u get better mate,,,

spoke to my brother inlaw and he said his name was matt to mate cant we get hold of him????

y2blade
Wednesday 15th October 2008, 12:58
hello mate its a shame you cat come mate it would of been really good,,, u know the places then lol cafe uno in town and my fave is the sportsman cafe the best breky in town lol,, hope u get better mate,,,

spoke to my brother inlaw and he said his name was matt to mate cant we get hold of him????

cheers :) i was born in kent and canterbury hospital and grew up in a village out of the city before moving to hampshire in the 80's and have been visiting my family in the city as much as i can ever since so yeah i know my way round it's my 2nd home

the sportsman does the best bubble and squeek :) the cafe along longport by the newspaper shop is pretty good too!

i usually go to canterbury on a sat morning then have a night on the town with my uncles and mates then have a massive breakfast in the morning before heading home, so we get to try ALOT of differant cafes :D

Niles
Wednesday 15th October 2008, 14:02
car went in for auto box change today so it seems I shall be attending in a borrowed V70

t5lover
Wednesday 15th October 2008, 21:04
cheers :) i was born in kent and canterbury hospital and grew up in a village out of the city before moving to hampshire in the 80's and have been visiting my family in the city as much as i can ever since so yeah i know my way round it's my 2nd home

the sportsman does the best bubble and squeek :) the cafe along longport by the newspaper shop is pretty good too!

i usually go to canterbury on a sat morning then have a night on the town with my uncles and mates then have a massive breakfast in the morning before heading home, so we get to try ALOT of differant cafes :D

wicked mate my baby girls were born there well 2 of them did and my son was i think lol,, am a ashford kent man me well stanhope boy was lol till i met my other half lol,, sportsman is a good old cafe i love it there i didnt know about the cafe in longport i have alook at that,, sounds like u get around abit lol,,,

niles
your be coming in your borrowed v70r then can we swap lol new auto box then nice,,,,, just out of intrest what cars have u boyz got? i got my old 850t5 gle manual and i bet you boyz got all v70r's lol

Pistol Pete
Wednesday 15th October 2008, 21:23
really wanna be there :( workin till 10

t5lover
Wednesday 15th October 2008, 22:14
really wanna be there :( workin till 10

u know what us blokes are like we love to talk lol we will probley be there at 10 lol come down and have alook mate your maybe lucky my man???

y2blade
Wednesday 15th October 2008, 22:22
wicked mate my baby girls were born there well 2 of them did and my son was i think lol,, am a ashford kent man me well stanhope boy was lol till i met my other half lol,, sportsman is a good old cafe i love it there i didnt know about the cafe in longport i have alook at that,, sounds like u get around abit lol,,,

:) you could say that

the cafe along longport is about 5 buildings along from the newsagents iirc

we have been in that one the last 2 times as its just down the road from my grandads house so nice and easy for us the breakfasts are good but the bubble and squeek isnt as good as the sportsmans :) i prefere the sportsman tbh or cafe uno for easy parking but the city can be a pain in the arse to get across

catch you guys soon , have a good meet and take some pics

t5lover
Wednesday 15th October 2008, 22:30
:) you could say that

the cafe along longport is about 5 buildings along from the newsagents iirc

we have been in that one the last 2 times as its just down the road from my grandads house so nice and easy for us the breakfasts are good but the bubble and squeek isnt as good as the sportsmans :) i prefere the sportsman tbh or cafe uno for easy parking but the city can be a pain in the arse to get across

i take alook tomorrow moring thanks for that chap,,, canterbury can be real pain in the arse trust me i dont know how meny times i have nearly had my t5 writen of lol,, i be taking loads of pics mate dont u worry i hope your foot gets better mate,,,,

simonc
Wednesday 15th October 2008, 22:36
Take pic's ? It will be dark by 6.45pm ! I was in Canterbury today working round the back of the prison North holmes rd & Ivy lane nr Longport, work in & around Canterbury most days as a BT engineer.

See you tomorrow.

t5lover
Wednesday 15th October 2008, 22:40
Take pic's ? It will be dark by 6.45pm ! I was in Canterbury today working round the back of the prison North holmes rd & Ivy lane nr Longport, work in & around Canterbury most days as a BT engineer.

See you tomorrow.

i forgot about that lol i give it ago tho lol,, i look out for you then am allways running about canturbury,,,

y2blade
Wednesday 15th October 2008, 22:46
i take alook tomorrow moring thanks for that chap,,, canterbury can be real pain in the arse trust me i dont know how meny times i have nearly had my t5 writen of lol,, i be taking loads of pics mate dont u worry i hope your foot gets better mate,,,,

cheers mate :)

snoop69
Wednesday 15th October 2008, 22:47

Cheers bud - i will get some pics for you.

simonc
Wednesday 15th October 2008, 22:49
I did pass a blue T5 estate today on the Broad oak rd i think this am, it had kids in the boot with the 7 seater conversion, wasn't yours was it ?

t5lover
Wednesday 15th October 2008, 22:56
cheers mate :)

Thats ok no probs at all,,

I did pass a blue T5 estate today on the Broad oak rd i think this am, it had kids in the boot with the 7 seater conversion, wasn't yours was it ?

did u mine is that olive green color i have got 5 kids and was running them to school in it i didnt see a bt van tho i will look next time,,,

Niles
Thursday 16th October 2008, 10:19
Regarding the cafe in Wincheap rd Canterbury, is this the one that used to be a pub up near the major set of lights nr Morrisons etc? If so, its now called Cafe Solo (thanks to Mrs Niles for a scouting session) lol

t5lover
Thursday 16th October 2008, 10:31
Regarding the cafe in Wincheap rd Canterbury, is this the one that used to be a pub up near the major set of lights nr Morrisons etc? If so, its now called Cafe Solo (thanks to Mrs Niles for a scouting session) lol

hello mate the sportsman is on the right after the petrol station going into city center mate, you got it cafe solo its not to bad in there and they got parking to,,

y2blade
Thursday 16th October 2008, 11:28

thats the one! i though i had the name wrong (i called it cafe uno)

and yeah as t5lover says good size car park so easyer to use than the sportsman

t5lover
Thursday 16th October 2008, 13:43
the is a cafe uno in city center mate,, cafe solo is a really nice place like i said before good parking to the sportsman u have to run in and run before the traffic warden gives u a ticket lol!!

Niles
Thursday 16th October 2008, 18:08
T5slave txt'd to confirm he can't come along due to the evil of work.

y2blade
Thursday 16th October 2008, 18:18
the is a cafe uno in city center mate,, cafe solo is a really nice place like i said before good parking to the sportsman u have to run in and run before the traffic warden gives u a ticket lol!!

there are to many cafes in the city :)

the one i ment (cafe solo/uno?) is the one at the far end of wincheap (near the traffic lights) with the decent size gravel car park at the side of it ... it used to be a pub and has a fit waitress :)

here
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=51.270476,1.06462&spn=0.000772,0.003422&t=h&z=19

t5lover
Thursday 16th October 2008, 23:56
hello chaps just to say we had a good eveing thankyou and nice to meet you all to thanks boyz when we going to meet up again chaps??

Niles
Friday 17th October 2008, 00:26
meet up again soon mate, be better to meet up sometime during the day. Was good to meet all who attended. Many thanks to luggy (he knows why, txt you soon for collection mate. Big TA!!!).
Nice bunch of Volvoaholics.

luggy16v
Friday 17th October 2008, 00:39
good evening well enjoyed myself see you all soon hopefully
have to arange another meet
text you at weekend niles

Niles
Friday 17th October 2008, 00:52
okey dokey luggy. by the way, you need to change your user name to luggy20v!!!! lol

snoop69
Friday 17th October 2008, 02:45
Good to meet up with some forum faces & talk testicles about Volvo's
& stuff.

Also got to give the old shed a good blast down the A2 :P

t5lover
Friday 17th October 2008, 10:06
Good to meet up with some forum faces & talk testicles about Volvo's
& stuff.

Also got to give the old shed a good blast down the A2 :P

hello mate it was a good night indeed we have got to meet up again chaps!!

y2blade
Friday 17th October 2008, 18:07
any pics?

snoop69
Friday 17th October 2008, 18:28
any pics?

Grabbed a few

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18074

t5lover
Sunday 19th October 2008, 22:14
hello chaps hows it going when you fancy meeting up again see if we can get a quite a few more to turn up be good fun!!!