PDA

View Full Version : Van up the bum

Baj
Monday 13th October 2008, 13:19
I got hit from behind today. Got out and had a look. Apart from a tiny scratch on the bumper there appears to be no damage. Everything is lined up as it should be.
Is there anything I should be looking for that may be hidden?

jonno12
Monday 13th October 2008, 13:21
underneath the carpet in the boot to see if it has creased the floor

Baj
Monday 13th October 2008, 13:29
I should point out that the van was a Traffic hi-top carrying tiles. The bump was only a few MPH but was a solid thump. No airbags deployed.

neevo
Monday 13th October 2008, 14:16
Hope it is as appears and is all Ok. As already mentioned look under the carpets and check underneath to see if any underseal is cracked (better to re-seal it now than wait for the rust)

It amazes me why people think tailgating a Volvo or 4x4 will get you anywhere. I had a Ford Fusion up my bum this morning in a traffic queue on teh outer ring road so he was going nowhere. If he cocks it up my towbar on the fronty would do a nice number on his radiator/bonnet without leaving me with any bills :rolleyes: I just ignored him and kep my eyes on the road in front. he/she kept it up for a couple of miles approx - I noticed as I keep watch for motorbikes which are really fond of overtaking traffic on that section and I just feel safer pulling right over when they approach so they know I've seen them and I build a little safety margin for them and me :)