PDA

View Full Version : Want to change OEM C70 Stereo

Rob_ioClean
Saturday 11th October 2008, 15:04
Hello!

What parts will I need to change my standard Stereo to an after market one? I have a C70 with an AMP.

Thanks
Rob

pangster
Saturday 11th October 2008, 15:49
Hello!

What parts will I need to change my standard Stereo to an after market one? I have a C70 with an AMP.

Thanks
Rob

a volvo to iso harness (to power the new stereo) and a din cable to rca adaptor so you can use the stock amp - something like this: http://www.quickbrickmotorsports.com/prod_dincable.html

HTH

thebadger
Saturday 11th October 2008, 23:11
cheaper here....

http://www.nexxia.co.uk/Car_Stereo_fitting_kits/volvo/volvo_amplifiers.htm

Me & C did one of these about 18 months ago, dead easy if you have all the bits.

HTH

pangster
Saturday 11th October 2008, 23:16
cheaper here....

http://www.nexxia.co.uk/Car_Stereo_fitting_kits/volvo/volvo_amplifiers.htm

Me & C did one of these about 18 months ago, dead easy if you have all the bits.

HTH

except with that lead you don't have the option of adapting the cable for isolated or non isolated rca's.. generally shouldn't be a problem but it was for my Pioneer unit (i tried a Soundlink adaptor before and had shocking feedback) - the QBM harness worked perfectly though.. :)

thebadger
Monday 13th October 2008, 01:23
try a GLI if it sounds poor!

they're less than £10!

pangster
Monday 13th October 2008, 17:56
try a GLI if it sounds poor!

they're less than £10!

fair enough - but you generally loose sound quality by using a ground loop isolator.. so by the time you've splashed out for the lead you suggested plus the GLI then you would have been cheaper and less hassle just getting a proven product in the first place.. just my tuppence though! :) I've tried both and know which one works and gives the best results :)

cegc70t
Monday 13th October 2008, 19:53
The first cable the badger sugested works just fine and has continued to work since I put it in. I am running the volvo oem speakers from the volvo amp and 2 VIBE 10 inch subs from a JBL grand tourer! It works perfectly and would loosten yer fillings!!!

pangster
Monday 13th October 2008, 19:54
The first cable the badger sugested works just fine and has continued to work since I put it in. I am running the volvo oem speakers from the volvo amp and 2 VIBE 10 inch subs from a JBL grand tourer! It works perfectly and would loosten yer fillings!!!

lol!! :)

cegc70t
Monday 13th October 2008, 19:58
god that was quick pang m8 lol

pangster
Monday 13th October 2008, 20:03
god that was quick pang m8 lol

lol! - I just clicked new posts and seen it! :)

dionbullock
Monday 13th October 2008, 21:47
i was just about to post a similar thread!! i had a volvo to iso harness from my old v70, i plugged my sony cd player in to my c70 (with amp and dolby) but no sound at all came out, it powered up, radio got signal, but no noise. would one of these adapters sort it out???

cegc70t
Monday 13th October 2008, 23:33
Dion my good man this is like a message from Jahova himself! in other words it sure is! nice 70 btw

C70
Wednesday 15th October 2008, 08:04
might be interested in the std radio if you are selling, pm me