PDA

View Full Version : Wheels Spacers

S60
Saturday 11th October 2008, 00:43
was wonderin if anybody has fitted or thought about fitting wheels spacers to there car is their any benefits to fitting them?

thebadger
Saturday 11th October 2008, 05:58
Disadvantages are that you may need longer wheel bolts!

It depends on the thickness of the spacers! I'm sure Rufe or someone may advise you on where to get the right sort of spacers & a price.

I took my front wheels off yesterday & fitted new droplinks, the inner arch showed some sign of rubbing :rolleyes:, not worrying tho as my new rims should be here today! 17"s, so may prevent future issues!

Fingers cros...........sed!

volvolised
Saturday 11th October 2008, 07:27
was wonderin if anybody has fitted or thought about fitting wheels spacers to there car is their any benefits to fitting them?

Generaly the only need for wheel spacers is if fitting a big brake kit, i would only suggest getting hub centric ones though and bolts to suit

S60
Saturday 11th October 2008, 20:23
thanx guys i'm goin to try wheel spacers to try and fix the tyre rubbing i'm having at full lock like i've said in my first thread it seems s60,s80 and v70's have this problem so just goin to try that and badger i'm the same need to change my droplinks so i'm gettin uprated ones hopefully this sorts it

thebadger
Saturday 11th October 2008, 22:31
and badger i'm the same need to change my droplinks so i'm gettin uprated ones hopefully this sorts it

It's not too tricky to do yersel! I do advise some mole grips or similar!
Good idea to use some axle stands & then put the jack under the hub to ease the pressure off the bar. (this would be how I bent one)

Good luck!

shemtek_racing
Saturday 11th October 2008, 22:37
easy way to change old droplinks is to cut them in half with a hax saw then pop the 2 half out the ball joints then u have the hole ball to grip with some mole grips and wizz the nut off takes couple of minutes perside....

as for spacers which bassically change the offset of the wheel this could change steering feel alot it could change it for the better and a wider track should give more grip.

The easiest way to stop the rubbing on full lock is to space the steering lock stops on the wishbones

S60
Saturday 11th October 2008, 22:46
thanx shemtek never thought of doin that with the lock stops and do any of u guys know who sells uprated droplinks cos partsforvolvoonline dont do them anymore i was goin to buy ipd ones but i either have to get them from america or holland

thebadger
Sunday 12th October 2008, 23:45
Can't help you with the links! I bought cheap ones for the minute! Both were totally shot! Worth doing just to stop my front end rattle!

The one thing you will need (but I didn't) is an 18mm socket/spanner for the top nut!
Bottom one will be 15mm or 16mm dependant on who made it! I eneded up using the wheel iron! (19mm) did ok, but not reccomended! :rolleyes:

shemtek_racing
Monday 13th October 2008, 21:47
im currently waiting for some parts from rally designs to make my own rose jointed anti roll bar links reckon for 100 quid i could make a full set i.e front and rear painted with all nuts etc ill be posting details of how i get on.

shemtek_racing
Monday 13th October 2008, 21:47
probly less come to think of it