PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Remote Fob

MattV70
Saturday 30th April 2005, 13:44
This question may have been answered in a thread before, but i can't find it if it has.

I've got a P2 V70 and is it possible for the remote alarm fobs (4 button type) to be programmed for the car by me? I've read somewhere that the earlier models can be done by combination of ignition on/off etc, but i've never seen a procedure for the 2000 on cars.

I was only sold 1 remote with the car so it'd be a good idea to buy a spare off ebay. If i can't do it how much do volvo dealers usually charge?

Thanks

Matt

TonyR
Sunday 1st May 2005, 20:03
Hi Matt

I have the same problem, one fob and Volvo Barkingside wanted me to part with £150 plus £25 software fee. I thought .....no.

I have been trying to find out if this is possible with the switching on and off technique five times. Will have a go tomorrow and email results.

TonyR

blackrat2
Monday 2nd May 2005, 14:22
Howd you get on mate, i have the same problem ex plod one key fob and key

john

MattV70
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 08:34
£175!!!!

I thought that Volvo would charge a fair bit, but that's ridiculous!

I'd be interested to know how you get on.

siamblue
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 09:12
£175!!!!

I thought that Volvo would charge a fair bit, but that's ridiculous!

I'd be interested to know how you get on.

That's what i thought,I went to Barkingside Volvo last year to get a fob and programming and it came to under £90.
Maybe because it is a R version they load it up,Nothing would surprise me. :frown:

JackT5
Tuesday 3rd May 2005, 22:32
I got my fob (850) for £56 from the local dealer who programmed it for free, but is the £175 for a key as well? The price would maybe fit for the pair plus programming.

blackrat2
Wednesday 4th May 2005, 17:41
Have spoken to Lancaster volvo today they said for a new key and programmed fob £190 i will get about 10 percent off that but its a hell of a lot of money.
Apparently on the 850/v70 classics you can do it yourself with the ignition ... hope that helps, as for phase2 its the full monty.
I will try a small non franchise volvo centre before i get a new key, or atach abit of sting through my clothes like the old mittens you used to get, mind you for £190 would be cheaper to get a new car from Goverment vehicle disposals in Woking, they have a T and X reg in at the moment

TonyR
Friday 6th May 2005, 07:37
Well folks........I failed.

The fob would not program on my baby. I am hacked off.

Looks as though I will be parting with shekels to a dealer soon

Unhappy

TonyR

siamblue
Friday 6th May 2005, 09:55
Tony if you want 10% off email me,I have a discount card.I am in Ilford if they need to see the card Gary.