PDA

View Full Version : Recirc blanking plate

t5 pete
Wednesday 8th October 2008, 20:23
just fitted the recirc blanking plate today and it was a rite sod unless you have the hands of a five yr old

stainesy
Wednesday 8th October 2008, 20:44
just fitted the recirc blanking plate today and it was a rite sod unless you have the hands of a five yr old

LOL you are sooo right. i had a nightmare doing mine and as i had to use my mates drive to do it on the engine was still red hot and i burnt myslf loads LOL.

a rachet spanner is the best tool for it.

did you have to lay under the car and sumhow sqeez your hand up through the smallest space to get the bottom bolt?

PNuT
Wednesday 8th October 2008, 20:44

its fairly easy to do with the turbo off the car ;)

t5 pete
Wednesday 8th October 2008, 20:48
Yeah the rachet spanner is the only way i layed under the car for the bottom bolt but managed to do the other two from the top.
PNuT its lucky i had a spare turbo because it was my luk and lost one of the bolts

cameron
Wednesday 8th October 2008, 22:38
I hate it when Sh*t like that happens.

It hapened to me when i was replacing the Tracs pump and ecu, the sort of " cap " thingy that sits on top of the ecu dropped down into the engine bay " Somewhere " i had a right old time trying to find another one, the ecu was held on at the top by fishing gut for about 3 weeks, lol.

Glad to hear you got it sorted pete.

My Mrs has been infomed that i want a set of those ratchet spanners for crimbo, they are a god send!

lee