PDA

View Full Version : Bi Xenon problem on S60 R

roy chu
Monday 6th October 2008, 12:55
Hi all, my passenger side High beam does not seem to work, as they are Bi Xenon, when I switch to main beam, the drivers side beam comes and and automatically lifts however the passenger side does not.

Has there been faults of this kind with anyone? I was wondering if it was a wiring problem as I have already changed the bulbs, but do I need to change both side to indicate that both bulbs have been changed so that it then enables the non working side.

I have a indpendent warranty so I think it should be covered but am a little surprised at 56k a headlamp to mess up like this. I know how much these units are new, and £500 is a lot of money.

I hope someone could please advise.

Many thanks

Roy

tingy
Monday 6th October 2008, 13:02
the headlights are indipendently fused left and right have you checked the fuses are good?

roy chu
Monday 6th October 2008, 13:33
I have not, but the side light works and the main beam works, its the high beam which does not work, so I am puzzled.

I will recheck though, I doubt the fuse for the main beam and high beam would different.

tingy
Monday 6th October 2008, 13:45
ah sorry miss read your first post what year is your car might be able to get a wiring diag for it (dunno if that will help but it might)

V70R
Monday 6th October 2008, 19:31
Hi,
Had an issue with both of mind was told it was one of the following a) Knackered headlamp motor b) Tilt switch located at the rear end is stuck (adjusts heights if towing) c) Software issue.

Both mine were affected and it turned out to be a software fix ( Volvo did this for free ) if its the motor, claim on the warranty. Good luck