PDA

View Full Version : Rear Wiper

Billybhoy1978
Monday 6th October 2008, 10:22
Hi Guys,

My Rear wiper hasnt worked since I got my car so I stripped it all down and the only problem I could find was that that bar that goes from the linkage through the window onto the wiper arm is very corroded and stiff to turn. I have tried to loosen it but to no avail.
Question is, is this supposed to be free moving or is it supposed to have some resistance? The motor is working but when I connect the linkage back on it wont turn!

Any help appreciated!

Billy

Alan M
Monday 6th October 2008, 15:47
Clean it and lube it. The shaft that is. So make sure your shaft length is very easy to move in and out, sorry rotate.

tingy
Monday 6th October 2008, 15:56
:biggrin:snarf snarf :biggrin:

Tomcat
Monday 6th October 2008, 18:28
The aluminium that the shaft runs through corodes because the seal on the outside has failed. Best to remove the mechanism from the aluminium bracket, sand off all the crap and grease it. I did my last car and it worked perfectly afterwards, just make sure you note which way around the linkages go before disassembly otherwise you'll spend ages getting the wiper to park in the right place.

Billybhoy1978
Monday 6th October 2008, 19:15
How do you remove it? Is it just a case of brute force or is there a proper way??

cookie
Monday 6th October 2008, 19:34
remove wiper arm, then get the cover off in boot (will probably need a fixing kit to get it back on rattle free) then its a few bolts (10mm IIRC) and I did a few gentle taps with a rubber mallet (this may/may not be best way) and remove whole mech. As TC says, take a good few pics on camera first, so you can see how it goes back together again afterwards.

once motor etc all refitted I would suggest getting a Clio 98-01 rear wiper and arm and fit that instead of the current manky thing

HTH

Ben

stephenevans99
Monday 6th October 2008, 21:29
once motor etc all refitted i would suggest getting a clio 98-01 rear wiper and arm and fit that instead of the current manky thing.

5072 5073

Just like that !!