PDA

View Full Version : 850 headunit and changer value?

Dan850T5
Saturday 4th October 2008, 23:47
Hi all,

recently swapped my headunit for a single din JVC jobbie

so i have a standard headunit out the T5 GLT and 6 cd changer for sale

can someone tell me what they are worth roughly?

Ta much

Dan

t5 pete
Sunday 5th October 2008, 08:22
if you list them both for around £50-£60 plus p+p they should sell

Dan850T5
Sunday 5th October 2008, 11:43
if you list them both for around £50-£60 plus p+p they should sell

Cheers buddy thanks very much

cameron
Sunday 5th October 2008, 12:07
The changers sell for £90-£100 on their own on ebay.

I have a mate who breaks Volvos and he lists them buy it now for £90 and they sell within 1 day.

The head unit depends on which one it is, if its the sc 801 then its only about £25-£30.

I have one sat in my kitchen but havent seen the point in selling it yet.

Hope this helps matey,

Lee

Dan850T5
Sunday 5th October 2008, 13:54

I have a mate who breaks Volvos and he lists them buy it now for £90 and they sell within 1 day.

The head unit depends on which one it is, if its the sc 801 then its only about £25-£30.

Hope this helps matey,

Lee

Cheers mate very helpful!

yeah mines the SC 801, im guessing the changer is compatable with other volvo headunits of that era?

cameron
Sunday 5th October 2008, 14:07
I assume so but dont quote me on it. I think they go in the V70 P1 as well.

IIRC there was 2 makes of changer 1 being an Alpine. I cant recall the other make, sorry.

Alan M
Sunday 5th October 2008, 15:07

Hope this helps matey,

Lee

Changers change hands on this and many other volvo forum sites for around£50 with the lead. The prices on ebay are pumped up by the breakers and they don't seem to sell to many as they have them for weeks if not months on end as the same items are relisted (going by the serial numbers). For example I paid only £26 for a perfect working order SC900 3cd player and only £15 for the leads and amps for it from Volvo forum members on this and other sites.

cameron
Sunday 5th October 2008, 22:30
This is the reason why these forums exist,

To stop people from paying silly money for things.

But people only pay what they think they are worth, and my mate sells his all day long for between £75 & £90 for the 6cd alpine changer. It just depends on how tidy they are and wether it has the cartridge or not.

So i stand by my comments, if people want to pay £90 then they must think its worth it.

Personally i wouldnt sell them for so much, im sure you could by a new changer for less, so why bother buying second hand in the first place.