PDA

View Full Version : F.A.O anyone with a Turbo Timer

fraz13
Friday 29th April 2005, 09:49
Got maself a Blitz Turbo Timer the other day, had a wee go at wiring it up.... it was slightly confusing as theres about 8 ignition wires to choose from...

Red.... Constant feed

Blue....Acc (2 of these, 1 cuts off with ignition turned to the 0 position (connected to that) the other stays live till after the keys been removed)

Green..Ignition feed (as in position 2) all wires now live apart from 1 which i assume is the start wire, so connected to a wire that wasnt live in position 0 or 1

Black...Earth

Anyone have a clue how these things work as it lights up n stuff but never got instructions so dont know if am doing things right but when a switch the engine off it dont keep running as its meant to :wtf:

Al take some pics today and post them tonight,

Cheers troops :remybussi

Pedro Fandango
Friday 29th April 2005, 14:18
i got my bro who's an auto electrician to do mine for me sorry mate.

but if your's is an automatic timer like mine then you may need to go for a drive for rev it alot to activate the timer in the first place (ie i can get in BT now, sit there on idle & the engine will turn straight off with the key because the turbo timer knows she hasn't been ran hard so deosn't need a cool down period)

Martinr
Friday 29th April 2005, 15:58
This has been mentioned before try this post

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=566

fraz13
Friday 29th April 2005, 20:55
Cheers 4 that Martin, looks like the blue and green wires are a bit confusing, guess who needs to swap those 2 wires round tomorrow :slap:

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 30th April 2005, 01:56
If you make it to Streton Fox on Sunday you can check out my wiring if need be as I've got a Blitz fitted to mine and it is working fine

fraz13
Saturday 30th April 2005, 10:59
Cheers Judge, a will be there tomorrow :haha:

Just going 4 a wee look just now so heres hoping :wink: