PDA

View Full Version : Bad week and a red srs light !!!!!!!!

cameron
Wednesday 1st October 2008, 23:06
Sorry peeps i havent been about, out of sight out of mind i know, lol.

Anyhoo...........

After em em what i would call an eventful week, Virgin ££££in up my services and a jolly old ding dong with the T5, im stuck again!

First off i got my PCV done by the boys at Readview, excellent as usual! then the same day i took the revived car home and started on the Wishbones, track rod ends and drop links.

I started @ 16:30 and finished @ 20:00, jod done i thought! eh NO NO NO NO!

The rubber on one of the Wishbone ball joints was pushed up to far which i didnt notice, so it didnt insert into the hub properly, you can see where this is going.........so i head off up the road, lovely, no bangs or rattles, full right lock to return home, lovely job......, slight right hand bend at about 15 mph the ££££in thing come out and the front of the car dropped to the ££££in floor in the middle of the road. Not good, in the end the fella from FAM Recovery ( who took 2 hours to arrive from 8 miles away!!!! ) split the driveshaft to push the hub back to get the balljoint in PROPERLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Only thing was, it was one of those shafts with the pressed in middle, i spent a whole day trying to rejoin it before getting another shaft!!!! What a Di*k!!

I was not a happy bunny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway job done and now drives lovely,

Anyway sorry for the rant, back to the point, one of my good buddys had a wooden steering wheel from his V70R he didnt like so i offered to swap, this wheel was mint by he way, he wanted a straight swap for my old black one, i was only too happy too oblige, so i swaped it over no worries no lights everything worked lovely, BUT i didnt like the look of the steering wheel long side the darker imitation wood, so i swapped it back.

However now i have a red SRS light on, i tried taking the battery lead off for a couple of hours but apart from resetting the radio it didnt resolve the light!

Any ideas please?

Sorry again for the rant,

Lee

Tomcat
Wednesday 1st October 2008, 23:14
Oh dear, we have had an eventfull weak haven't we?, I must concur about FAM though, I deal with them a couple of times a weak and they're bloody useless. I dread to think what you got charged for the call out as they charge a fortune usually. Have you checked that the airbag is connected properly?, if it is and the light won't go out then I'm afraid it's either pull the battery and the ECU or take a trip to the dealers to have the codes read.

cameron
Wednesday 1st October 2008, 23:20
Connected how TC ?

I took the Airbag off there was a green socket that went in the back, then theres the 2 spade connectors, i checked these, and they were atached ok, then when the steering wheels off theres a little spring loaded thing that contacts with a metal ring, that looks ok also, so im stuck, unless im missing something.

As for FAM the AA are footin the bill.

Tomcat
Wednesday 1st October 2008, 23:28
Glad the AA are paying for FAM, they charge a fortune.

On the back of the airbag there is a reel, coming out of the reel(from memory) there should be a flat ribbon cable that plugs into the back of the airbag. Provided that is plugged in properly then the system should reset itself, the fact that it's not probably means somethings not right. Just BE CAREFULL, you really don't want an airbag going off in your face, they can kill if they go off upclose.

cameron
Wednesday 1st October 2008, 23:32
If you mean the green plug that goes into the centre with the 2 little pins then ive tried it both ways with no joy.

Im stuck unless another solution comes up, im one of those folk that cant look at unwanted lights and ignore it, it needs to be sorted!

Tomcat
Wednesday 1st October 2008, 23:41
Me too matey.

What do you mean you've tried it both ways?, it should only go in one way shouldn't it?. If your not sure then try looking at your friends and see which way around his is connected. Seriously, don't muck about if you don't know, the last thing you want is it going off in yer face.

cameron
Wednesday 1st October 2008, 23:50
The green plug that goes into the back of the airbag is symetrical, so wether its in the right or the wrong way it fits!

Tomcat
Wednesday 1st October 2008, 23:58
Ah, soz Cam, it's been a while since I removed my airbag.

hd9584
Thursday 2nd October 2008, 11:46
Hi, had the same problem with mine when I changed dash lights. Had to get it reset by a dealer £29.52 for 30 seconds work!!!!

cameron
Thursday 2nd October 2008, 14:45
Cheers for that HD!

Does anybody know how they reset the light?

And does anybody know where i can get it done for less,

Being ive been laid off, TOO QUIET TO KEEP THE KITCHEN OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What sort of an excuse is that?

They being the population say bad things come in 3's, My Week can only get better !!!!

jonno12
Thursday 2nd October 2008, 14:50
im poping to the garagae in a min mate to pick mine up ill let you know if there is any other way you can do it you are avin a bad time mate

cameron
Thursday 2nd October 2008, 14:52
Too ££££in right matey!

At least the motors runnin sweet!

jonno12
Thursday 2nd October 2008, 16:29
they say it has to go on a machine to be reset mate the only other thing to do is pop the bulb out if theres nothing wrong with the car

mickhoon
Thursday 2nd October 2008, 18:19
If it just needs resetting, you can do that with the draper reset tool for service light, if you know anyone that has one. I have one but i'm in Co. Durham.

mickhoon
Thursday 2nd October 2008, 18:21
Could post it to ya if your stuck but i'd need it back. Alternativeley they come on ebay for around £30.

cameron
Thursday 2nd October 2008, 22:07
PM sent Mick.

In the mean time can anyone confirm wether this can be done with a non OBDII port.

My T5 has the self diagnostic unit which resets the lights on the dash, ive tried this but it wont go out, it resets the lambda sensor no worries.

Cheers