PDA

View Full Version : pls help engine management codes p1171&1174

c70goldie
Wednesday 1st October 2008, 17:17
i had the autoelectician out to check codes he reset the light and said it was something to do wiv exhaust some sensors maybe? it only cost 20 quid to read codes and reset light but 2 hours after the light was back on and power has decreased and feels like its hessitating on acceleration almost like its blocked up or something can anyone help please? its a 2000 2.0 turbo c70 the reader he used plugged into the socket under arm rest, obd2 it says hope this is of some use? and its a serious lack of power i went to overtake and there was nothing for a few seconds leaving me on the wrong side of the road stranded for a bit! i have battered the exhaust with a rubber hammer to see if it loosened something to alow more flow but thats made no difference at all, any info would be gr8 cheers!

Wombatbomb
Wednesday 1st October 2008, 17:32
Those codes both relate to the fuel trim being too lean.

Possible causes? Split hose, knackered MAF, probably a load of others that I can't remember right now.

dave854
Wednesday 1st October 2008, 21:22
Has the MAF been replaced? there were a range of duff ones fitted at new... mine was replaced earlier this year with similar problems. The new MAF will be a revised one.

First call is to check for air leaks around the air intake and boost hoses, you'll definately notice air leaks under boost.

Where are you based? I've a code reader and laptop - i'd be happy to help out with reading codes.

If you do have the MAF replaced it will be a Volvo dealer or volvo specialst job as the software will also need to be updated so the ecu knows what the new MAF is otherwise it may be thinking you have installed a toaster or something!

Happy leak hunting

c70goldie
Wednesday 1st October 2008, 22:41
Has the MAF been replaced? there were a range of duff ones fitted at new... mine was replaced earlier this year with similar problems. The new MAF will be a revised one.

First call is to check for air leaks around the air intake and boost hoses, you'll definately notice air leaks under boost.

Where are you based? I've a code reader and laptop - i'd be happy to help out with reading codes.

If you do have the MAF replaced it will be a Volvo dealer or volvo specialst job as the software will also need to be updated so the ecu knows what the new MAF is otherwise it may be thinking you have installed a toaster or something!

Happy leak huntingim over near chester miles from you unfortunatly! i will chech all hoses for leaks 2mo and let you know cheers for now. im hoping when i wake up in the mo everything will be ok!!! save me some £££'s