PDA

View Full Version : fault codes.

pjay
Tuesday 30th September 2008, 19:59
:wtf: hi there anyone come to my rescue, i have just had my bestest mate build me a code reader for my 95 850, it has the early mode of OBD2 so it does need a code reader, because i have been having trouble with my tickover, running between 850-1500 revs at tickover, and it has really got on my nerves now, so i need to get it sorted, anyway according to the code reader it gave me 2-1-2 which relates to my lambda, so we reset it and the lambda light went out (has been on since i bought the car 8 months ago, so you can imagine how good this was, and now hopefully my motor won't be so sluggish, my mate reckons it was running lean, so thinking about it it does seem to be right because she doesn't pick her feet up when i am going uphill, and yet if i put my foot down on the level she will pick up a bit better and will go above the speed limit if i wanted it to (** but i dont do that anyway**) so i drove from his house to mine, a total of about 11miles but after about 6 miles the lambda came on again, oh F**K so when i arrived home i tried the codes and i have got the same code again 2-1-2 and am at my wits end, so please does anyone out there know wot's goin on, i just want my power back and my tickover too, i know it could be a fresh lambda, but it could also be one of the connections inbetween the lambda and the ecu, and due to the fact that i is fick and disabled i can't do anything about it myself, any suggestions would be much appreciated -apart from 'get rid' - this is my baby plus she is on LPG and so is cheap to run, i have waited years to get a 'green car' and now i have one and i wish to keep it, :help: