PDA

View Full Version : Decision, Decisions.....Any ideas??

soopersuds
Friday 29th April 2005, 00:08
I have found a few cars which may just about fit my remit and were wondering if there is anyone who would be able to say whether any of them are good or bad

1)VOLVO 850 2.3 T5 Turbo Manual 5 speed, Estate, 1994 M Reg , Artic Silver Metallic with Anthricite Half Leather Sport Interior. Great Specification Inc, 16" Freestyle Alloys, Anti-Lock Brakes, Central Door Locking, Colour Coded Bumpers Etc, Height Adjustable Seats, Intergrated Child Seat, Side Air Bags, Multi Function Trip Computor, Traction Control System, Heat insulating Tinted Glass, Leather Sports Steering wheel, Power-Assisted Steering, Driver Air Bag, Side Impact Bars, Alarm & Immobiliser, Deadlocks, Adjustable Steering Column, Centre Rear Seat Belt, Radio Cassette, Rear Wash/Wipe+Luggage Cover, Safari Roof Rails, (F+R Discs), Fitted Over Mats, Front Fog Lights, Front Spoiler, High Level Brake Light, Side Skirts. electric windows, winter pack inc, heated seats, mirrors, screen etc. tow pack, Volvo information centre, 16" 5 spoke rotor alloy wheels, switchable sport/winter mode etc. localy owned, 100,000K with an excellent Volvo service history consisting 9, main dealer service stamps. excellent performance from 2.3, 225bhp 5 cyl 20v turbo fuel injection engine. £2,394

2)1996 VOLVO 850 T5 CD,
P reg. AUTOMATIC Estate, 2 owners, full service history, 139k, all old MoTs & Hpi report, all keys, invoices, books etc, fully loaded, very fast, well looked after car. £2,995.

3) 1995 VOLVO 850 T5 AUTOMATIC ESTATE,
M reg. 170000 miles, FSH, 12 months MOT, Tax, CD multi-changer, full leather, alloys, full electric pack, drives and looks superb. £2,100 . o.n.o.. n/c.

thanks to everyone in advance for your help

Soopersuds

Mrsmopp
Friday 29th April 2005, 08:43
I'd go for one or two.

The downside to no.1 is that it's half leather. Now there is nothing wrong with half leather but it tends to look a bit dated in my opinion so I prefer the full leather option. The upside (for me) is that it's a manual.

No.2 sounds like a steal - if it's an auto you are after!

Either way make sure you you know what your looking for when you go to view because a snotter will cost you a fortune to put right and the untrained eye may not be able to spot a snotter!

Good luck! Keep us updated!

x

mccannjg
Friday 29th April 2005, 08:52
Mines a T5 CD! It's lovely!!! :B_steerin

Not auto tho...so it depends on whether you want an auto! I'm not into auto's but No, 2 sounds good to me!!!

craig
Saturday 30th April 2005, 00:20
ive bought a t5 pretty much the same as the first add and its the best car ive ever had i tried a few autos and theyre not as quick but are still nice ,when you look at em check for a few common faults like broken head light wipers rusted rear exhaust support luggs , noisy p,s pump(check level) and any smoke under hard accelaration (blue smoke walk away)and look in the expansion tank for oil ,(head gasket)and under neath on the back of the engine for oil (leaky main seal).hope this helps cos it helped me. good luck

taha22464
Monday 2nd May 2005, 00:04
id go for the lowest miles .Jel.
________
Side Effects From Avandia (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/avandia/)

vt5
Monday 2nd May 2005, 00:20
Sooper, there are a few ways to approach getting a T5.

If money is no object then buy a low mileage one up to 120K super straight with FSH or get one that needs tidying up a bit but is mechanically spot on.

Depends on your budget and what kind of person you are. I like trawling scrap yards and fixing up cars piece by piece. So i bought mine mechanically very good but body and interior were messy. I have enjoyed fixing up the interior and body and now spend time taking things apart cleaning them up and putting them back together again.

I got a 96 model with 93K on the clock for just over £2k cos it was filthy, and it was booked at £3600 at the time.

How much fettling do you want to do.

Me personally after the time ive spent on mine id get a good solid estate or saloon but make sure the paint is spotless and mechanically no leaks or horrible noises. Also if you get a manual make sure the clutch is good cos they are dear.

Always get the cambelt changed first thing too even if your told its been done.

Happy hunting.

fireclown
Saturday 14th May 2005, 16:15
Hi M8. i paid 2300 for mine its a 1997 t5 salloon. manwell. no real probs. replaced back brakes. and a good service incl antifreeze and brake fluid. had it a year and its only cost the fuel and a set of front tyres. it had 112.000 on it its know done 121.000 btu it still goes like a good un. :remybussi

Goof
Saturday 14th May 2005, 22:48
I got my 96, 112K miles, 854 for £2k - FSH (some Volvo, rest Honda), full leather, manual, full electrics, volvo lowered susp., etc...
They are out there - be patient!

pikeajm
Sunday 15th May 2005, 10:36
i picked up a fully loaded inc sunroof and a manual s70 cd t5 for 4k with 91k on the clock