PDA

View Full Version : nitrous oxide

mk3phill
Tuesday 30th September 2008, 11:08
just a general question really. has anybody fitted nitrous to their 850? done a search of this forum but cant find anything.

Wombatbomb
Tuesday 30th September 2008, 11:12
Pedro Fandango did, but I don't think it was ever used in anger. There is a user on SWV, oldbootneck, who currently has it installed.

mk3phill
Tuesday 30th September 2008, 11:19
thanks, i assume southwales volvo's? tobe honest forgot about that forum, from swansea myself.

badger1980
Tuesday 30th September 2008, 17:35
I think the rule of thumb is the 25bhp-50bhp shot is ok in any car along as the servicing is upto date

mk3phill
Tuesday 30th September 2008, 19:46
thanks man, im just a bit stuck as to placement of full throttle switch, against the throttle body

Nuckin Futs
Tuesday 30th September 2008, 21:04
I would place the full throttle switch under the foot pedal and have a fail safe button
on the gear stick or something, so youve got to be full throttle and press the button.

Ive fitted nitrous on my bike easy and was thinking of putting it in my V70 Diesel but I cant find anything on this either. I dont want to guess the jet sizes and blow it up Ive never fitted nitrous with a turbo or a diesel.

any info appreciated.

Thanks Jeff.

mk3phill
Wednesday 1st October 2008, 12:12
i was considering using the foot pedal, but due to safety i rather use the throttle body,.. only on the grounds of there are so many mechinical components between the throttle and foot pedal,. if one was to fail while on nitrous....ive got a book on nitrous so will have a look for you about jet sizeing and such,.. is yours a D5 euroIII ? i was tempted to get my dad to install it aswell as a remap on his D5 haha

woz
Wednesday 1st October 2008, 12:44
i was considering using the foot pedal, but due to safety i rather use the throttle body,.. only on the grounds of there are so many mechinical components between the throttle and foot pedal,. if one was to fail while on nitrous....ive got a book on nitrous so will have a look for you about jet sizeing and such,.. is yours a D5 euroIII ? i was tempted to get my dad to install it aswell as a remap on his D5 haha

Top Gear did a test with nitrous on a Diesel Golf. Seem to remember they liked it ;>)
May be worth doing sopme research into that and also posting this thread up under Mods rather than just the 850 board - you will get a wider audience!!
I to am interested but dont suppoe I will ever get around to it. Not on the Volvo anyway - but maybe on the 105E.

Nuckin Futs
Wednesday 1st October 2008, 20:06
Mine isnt a D5,All I know is its a 2.5 TDI (not common rail).

I just been lookin into it and I can either run a Dry Nitrous Kit or add
Methanol or propane to it . WOW!