PDA

View Full Version : Light wipers

stainesy
Sunday 28th September 2008, 18:29
how do i stop the headlight wipers working? do i just cut the wires to the motors? everytime i use my window water jets the headlight wipers go off and the drivers side one has a mind of its own and always ends up pointing upwards.

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 28th September 2008, 18:34
I wouldn't cut the wires in case of short circuits, and if you ever need them again. They've probably got multiplugs on them, just unplug them and make em safe.

Or you could take them off and strip them down to find out whats wrong, probably just the position/park switch.

stainesy
Sunday 28th September 2008, 18:40
oh i will just unplug them then. aint bothered about light wipers anyways. never use them

Tomcat
Sunday 28th September 2008, 18:52
I did exactly the same with mine when I bought it, just unplugged them..

jonno12
Sunday 28th September 2008, 18:54
when i brought mine it didnt have them fitted just the holes left will fill one day and paint again i think they look better with out them myself

stainesy
Sunday 28th September 2008, 19:00
hhhhhhhmmmmmmm thats a good point. i use lots of diferant size rubber plugs at work to plug holes. i could remove them and use a plug to just pop in the holes. are the holes perfectly round?

Alan M
Sunday 28th September 2008, 19:30
hhhhhhhmmmmmmm thats a good point. i use lots of diferant size rubber plugs at work to plug holes. i could remove them and use a plug to just pop in the holes. are the holes perfectly round?

The holes are oval. Why fit a rubber bung when Volvo sell thew trim without holes in them.

Tomcat
Sunday 28th September 2008, 19:43
You could always just use some fibreglass bridging filler to fill the holes, then just paint them.

jonno12
Sunday 28th September 2008, 19:44
i didnt know that al cheers mate

stainesy
Sunday 28th September 2008, 20:52
The holes are oval. Why fit a rubber bung when Volvo sell thew trim without holes in them.

where do i get them from? a volvo dealer?

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 28th September 2008, 22:11
Try PMing Rufe mate, he'll be able get them for you.

stephenevans99
Sunday 28th September 2008, 22:22
I removed the motors from mine and replaced the trims with ones without the holes. I think it makes the front of the car look a lot 'smoother'.

If iirc though, the drivers side wiper motor was a nightmare to remove....ended up cutting the thing out !!

stainesy
Monday 29th September 2008, 06:48
does look nice tho

woz
Monday 29th September 2008, 12:52
how do i stop the headlight wipers working? do i just cut the wires to the motors? everytime i use my window water jets the headlight wipers go off and the drivers side one has a mind of its own and always ends up pointing upwards.

Check the splines holding the arm in the right pos on the shaft? If they wear or the retaining nut is loose that will happen. Generally the alloy on the arm is softer than the shaft so the damage is to the arm which is replaceable.
Araldite or thread sealant may give temporary respite.

Would not cut the wires if I was you. Unplug the connectors - you may wish to bklock off the washer tube near the connector behind the RHS headlight.

Cheers
Woz

Rufe
Monday 29th September 2008, 13:06
Try PMing Rufe mate, he'll be able get them for you.
Yes we can supply these no problem

PAIR OF TRIMS, NO H/L WASHERS (1994>):
P/n's: 9151238 / 9151239 (require painting)
Volvo Price: £34.78 inc vat,for the pair
Our Price: £29.04 inc vat, plus postage
Postage: £2.80 Royal Mail 2nd Class Recorded Delivery
Availability: Will be in stock the same day if ordered by 1pm. Requires Painting

Simon :)