PDA

View Full Version : abs/stc unit

S60
Saturday 27th September 2008, 20:27
does anybody know where i can get a hold of a new or second hand abs/stc unit as i keep getting messages on my dash saying abs system service required or stc service needed i've read a few threads that the abs/stc control modules are known to fail anybody else had similar messages?

Piles
Sunday 28th September 2008, 10:31
does anybody know where i can get a hold of a new or second hand abs/stc unit as i keep getting messages on my dash saying abs system service required or stc service needed i've read a few threads that the abs/stc control modules are known to fail anybody else had similar messages?

Yes, the very same problem, getting it sorted this week. Not good news I'm afraid!

Was quoted 'best price' from Volvo of ~£1300 for the new part alone. My local mechanic sourced me one for ~£400 from a scrappy with 6 months warranty.

BTW along with the messages, do you get a grunty/grinding noise from the pump when the traction control comes in i.e. when turning from junctions??

Proper £££££££!

thebadger
Sunday 28th September 2008, 16:18
Man, TC was breaking an S60.. PM him asap for one!

S60
Sunday 28th September 2008, 16:46
yeh get the very same noise piles from the front left wheel heard that i can get the unit rebuilt for around 100 quid and badger who's TC?

thebadger
Sunday 28th September 2008, 17:52
Tomcat....

thebadger
Sunday 28th September 2008, 17:53
Did you go to the meet btw?

I dunno that I saw you there!

S60
Sunday 28th September 2008, 18:27
thanx mate and yeh was there parked up beside dacs didnt want to butt in on the conversation with all of u guys

thebadger
Sunday 28th September 2008, 20:38
awww, you should have, we're not that unapprochable! Honest! I did think it was you mate, but there were too many randoms!

PM tomcat, as I have said it's being broken now!

I got the wheels! :)

Next time!

S60
Sunday 28th September 2008, 20:55
lucky man gettin those wheels look nice on your car :D i PM'd him he said to take a pic of the unit cos he doesnt know what it looks like and yeh next time infact i'm tryin to organise a run i posted a new thread on the meets bit take a look and see what u think maybe u can even get other ppl interested