PDA

View Full Version : clutch

matt_t5
Friday 26th September 2008, 10:17
are there any higher performance clutches on the aftermarket for these 850 t5? i cant find anything other than sachs, with mentioned something to to with oe so guessing its just an oe standard clutch. my cars a 95 manual.

T5-TEZ
Friday 26th September 2008, 10:24
are there any higher performance clutches on the aftermarket for these 850 t5? i cant find anything other than sachs, with mentioned something to to with oe so guessing its just an oe standard clutch. my cars a 95 manual.
I had a 5 paddle clutch fitted from clutch and gearbox off ebay and it works very well but it does take a long time to bed it in.

matt_t5
Friday 26th September 2008, 10:36
hmm i had a 4 paddle in my old ka turbo, was a £££££££ in traffic.

Alan M
Friday 26th September 2008, 10:47
I found, driving a friends car with a paddle clutch, stop start driving to be extremely unpleasant my legs. I would go for a genuine one as they can take a fairly sustantial amount of torque through them.

matt_t5
Friday 26th September 2008, 10:52
cool, not going to be particularly cheap though. i can probably get a clutch cheap from work but only national autoparts list the 850 t5. these are normally cheap if motaquip or LUK listed my car id have one of those. £100 labour to fit it though which i dont think is bad :)

T5-TEZ
Friday 26th September 2008, 11:26
I found, driving a friends car with a paddle clutch, stop start driving to be extremely unpleasant my legs. I would go for a genuine one as they can take a fairly sustantial amount of torque through them.
Your right about the paddle clutch being heavy in traffic but now that mines bedded in fully its no differant from my standard original.

matt_t5
Friday 26th September 2008, 11:29
how long has yours taken to bed in bud? where did you say you got it from as its an option if they do a 6 paddle+ clutch

T5-TEZ
Friday 26th September 2008, 12:04
how long has yours taken to bed in bud? where did you say you got it from as its an option if they do a 6 paddle+ clutch

Its taken about 4 months but i dont do that much mileage so if you do a fair amount of mileage it will bed in quicker.
The seller`s name on e-bay is clutch&gearbox they are based in sheffield the clutch itself is of good quality and the seller also supplies paddle clutch`s to the uk drift car scene.HTH

Rufe
Friday 26th September 2008, 12:38
cool, not going to be particularly cheap though. i can probably get a clutch cheap from work but only national autoparts list the 850 t5. these are normally cheap if motaquip or LUK listed my car id have one of those. £100 labour to fit it though which i dont think is bad :)

If it helps, i will give you the price of new genuine parts: (requires reg to be sure this is correct for your car) Big discount off the retail price -

CLUTCH KIT:
P/n: 271810
Volvo Price: £230.89 inc vat,
Our Price: £168.55 inc vat, plus postage
Postage: £8.00 DHL 48Hr service, after dispatch.
Availability: Will be in stock with us the same day or day after

If you also want the release bearing (recommended to be honest)

CLUTCH KIT INC BEARING:
P/n: 271810 & 9181780
Volvo Price: £276.95 inc vat,
Our Price: £202.17 inc vat, plus postage
Postage: £8.00 DHL 48Hr service, after dispatch.
Availability: Will be in stock with us the same day or day after

Hope this helps,

Simon

Alan M
Friday 26th September 2008, 13:45
Your right about the paddle clutch being heavy in traffic but now that mines bedded in fully its no differant from my standard original.

Thats cause you have legs like the hulk now Tez, lol.

T5-TEZ
Friday 26th September 2008, 14:52
Thats cause you have legs like the hulk now Tez, lol.
LOL your not wrong there.