View Full Version : Powerflex Upper engine mounting Bush

paullus
Wednesday 24th September 2008, 19:39
Powerflex Polyurethane bushes offer:

Prolonged Tyre Life
Improved Performance
Increased Safety
Greater Cost-Effectiveness

I know the fitting of these has been done to death but is it worth fitting one just for the sake of it as I'm bored and want something to do Lol!

Rob_ioClean
Wednesday 24th September 2008, 23:03
I done it just for the sound! The noise in the cabin with one of these is alwsome!

Although was a bitch to fit!

thebadger
Thursday 25th September 2008, 22:17
Although was a bitch to fit!

I got my local spanners to stick mine on whilst it went in for a new PS resivoir!

Tomcat
Thursday 25th September 2008, 22:42
I done it just for the sound! The noise in the cabin with one of these is alwsome!!

Couldn't agree with you more, they make an amazing noise with one fitted.

Liddo
Friday 26th September 2008, 09:59
Does this apply to the newer engines too?? The 1999 onwards mountings seem different

Alan M
Friday 26th September 2008, 10:49
I've just bought one so I will be able to see the difference come next week once its on.

jimka
Friday 26th September 2008, 20:22
tip is to shave a bit of the edge to help it align up, then clamp it home.. job done.. takes 10mins when you do it this way.

t5 pete
Friday 26th September 2008, 22:09
Whats the noise like???

paullus
Monday 29th September 2008, 20:38
Ok not the answers I was expecting.
What noise does it cause?
How is it an improvement over the standard bush?
I thought it was just there to keep the engine steady under acceleration.
Cheers

nobananas
Monday 29th September 2008, 22:28
The noise is a marmite thing. I fitted one and loved it for about a week then it got annoying !. Basically it gets loud when you boot it as it uses the bulkhead as a sounding board so you get the roar of the engine transmitted into the cabin but I prefered the whine of the turbo in the end. The gear change feel was a lot better though. When fitting there really isn't any need to chamfer the bushes, push them in first then push the sleeve through the middle of them both (with lubricant, there's always time for lubricant !)

Tomcat
Monday 29th September 2008, 23:31
I love the noise, it just lets you hear that 5 pot burble without the expense of fitting a performance exhaust.