PDA

View Full Version : ABS lite comes on under boost

Niles
Wednesday 24th September 2008, 13:36
bit of an odd one here people, my abs lite is happy all the time im plodding around, however, If i floor the car the ABS lite comes on, turn the engine off & the lites go's away until i boot it again, Is this the first symptoms of the famous 850 abs ecu soldering problem?

Alan M
Wednesday 24th September 2008, 13:44
Do you have the tracs light come on aswell? Or don't you have tracs? Mine did a similar thing then stayed on permanently until I repaired it, and bought one for a spare.

Niles
Wednesday 24th September 2008, 17:29
no tracs on my 855 cd t5, i had a look earlier today & had a fiddle with the 2 wires that go into the connector plug, took it out for a spin & no lite came up. dunno if its just a loose wire. How much pennies duz a spare abs unit cost?

Jod T5
Monday 29th September 2008, 09:21
bit of an odd one here people, my abs lite is happy all the time im plodding around, however, If i floor the car the ABS lite comes on, turn the engine off & the lites go's away until i boot it again, Is this the first symptoms of the famous 850 abs ecu soldering problem?

I would check the sensor on the servo, i have heard of this issue before when the sensor plug had been left off...
Cheers
Jod

dant5
Monday 29th September 2008, 09:34
my abs was playing up very similar to that.
my ecu turned out to be fine, the sensor was fine too. but what i did find though was the wires had rusted about 10" up the harness.
a near side harness from volvo was only about £25 and took about 30mins to fit.

Niles
Monday 29th September 2008, 11:31
thanks guys, the light is still playing up, really haven't a clue what I'm doing looking at an ABS system!!!