PDA

View Full Version : C70 T5 ABS Warning Light

ncarnall
Tuesday 23rd September 2008, 22:04
My ABS light has been on since I got car a couple of weeks ago. Having searched the forums I thought I'd have the unit off and resolder the dry joints. I could clearly see the small cracks in the solder with a magnifying glass. Any way I heated them all up and reflowed the solder and added a little where required. Problem is that it hasn't fixed anything, the light is still the same. Any ideas where to look next?

regards
Neil

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 23rd September 2008, 23:18
Could be one of the wheel sensors, check all the cabling to the sensors for a start, failing that, then you'll need to get the codes read to find out where the problem is.

ncarnall
Tuesday 23rd September 2008, 23:48
Thanks bomb192uk
I read the codes with a code reader that I got from (talktomycar.com) but only code was P00573 this is brake pedal position sensor, I have reset this but no difference. That was the only code in the system.

Cheers

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 24th September 2008, 00:13
Did you test the pedal sensor off the car to see if it worked?

ncarnall
Wednesday 24th September 2008, 11:33
Where is the sensor located? and could this be the problem?
After resetting the code and running the car the code did not reappear so I'm a little puzzled?

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 24th September 2008, 23:36
The brake pedal sensor is near the top of the brake pedal arm, and is in front of it. It also controls the brake lights I think, so are your brake lights working? My pedal switch stopped working a couple of months ago, so I took it apart and the contacts had arced. So I cleaned the contacts up and hey presto. Its a bit of a struggle to get it outit has a self adjusting clip on it, and you have to fully adjust it to remove it. Have you got a haynes manual for it?

ncarnall
Thursday 25th September 2008, 07:25
No Manual, but I'll take a look and check brake light immediately!
Thanks again for your help