PDA

View Full Version : Volvo service team, friend, or foe?

thebadger
Monday 22nd September 2008, 19:17
RANT RANT RANT RANT!

Ok, today was bittersweet!

I put my baby in the hands of a large Volvo dealers*it in sunny Glasgow (there's only one so I don't know why I'm attempting to protect the shower!)

They cleaned the ETM & reset my SRS light! Gratis! Free! For nowt!

However, I pulled out of the stealers (grin on face, vasiline free & full of wallet) Only to have my engine Sreech with a weird BOV type hiss, a pop, then no power.

I was stuck on the main road (bus lane he he!) with no turnover & no clue!

I phoned the stealer & advised them of my feelings.

They gave me a vauge direction as to where I should look... (under the manifold?) as I said, vauge.

Finnaly I found the guilty hose, complete with a jubilee clip that was looser than a wizzards sleeve!

Fortunatly (thoes who know me will guess I would) I had a large tool kit on board (thank god I didn't empty the car before I took it down!).

10 mins & a bit of annoyance later, zoom zoom.....

Are they all this bad?

They had asked to keep it overnight, as they had started on it late! They had it since 8.30 this morning! WTF! I have read on previous posts that it's a 2 hour job!

I think they wanted to keep it in, look for lots of problems & hand me a big bill!

No joy, I ran away! (well whimpered!)

ps. I am very aware of the excellent reputation of more than a few dealers who operate on this site (rufe you are in this list & are always first on my list of "people who can get me", so no fingers, elbows or anything pointed at you!), to you guys, I am sorry for my rant. I use a local garage who head hunted a Volvo mechanic when the local stealer went under! Best bet, he's getting the report & a list of what & when stuff gets done.

Peace out (Q & J, my letters today!)

Tomcat
Monday 22nd September 2008, 19:21
Think yourself lucky, I've just paid the best part of £400 to have my oil leak fixed(along with new clutch and RMS), the clutch judders, something is loose underneath, and to top it off I checked the oil on Saturday and there wasn't a drop in it. I can understand them not checking the oil if it's come in for a wheel bearing, but when they're fixing an oil leak you think that they'd have bloody checked!!.

thebadger
Monday 22nd September 2008, 19:46
I'm due to get a gasket ring replaced, parts = nowt (almost) but £400 for likley labour.

S60-MBS
Monday 22nd September 2008, 19:57
If thats Taggerts you are a very lucky little badger indeed,When i broke down once while at a Volvo meet they quoted me £1200 for a job which cost only £30 at my local volvo dealer.

thebadger
Monday 22nd September 2008, 20:15
Yeah, how do you think they pay for the sexy receptionist & the flashy sinage, oh & don't forget the 20' fence around the garage, cos it's scumsville Glasgow.

v70torslanda
Wednesday 24th September 2008, 19:07
Is it significant that my local dealership now has chipboard windows, two foot high grass, no cars and closed after a continuous Volvo presence in the town for FORTY plus years?

No! It came under the corporate umbrella of the mighty P*ndr*g*n and that's what happens when you shaft the staff and the customers. Allegedly.

I don't work there any more!

thebadger
Thursday 25th September 2008, 01:46
Volvo have had a small stumble since ford started abusing them.

I await the day when ford, doing badly cos their cars are pish, sell volvo off as a money making exersize & a good, sensible, european manufacturer (but not BMW) buy them.

Life may return to normal, and volvos will be for life once more.....

(Speilbergs gonna have to do the ad campaign!)

My local one is about to become a tesco metro! Has been closed for about 3 years. what pish!

They used to have a lime green (that nice metallic one) V70R parked front & center!

I liked that view best of all! "sniffs"

Cheers!