PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with the 304 fitted

johntheace
Friday 19th September 2008, 14:47
Get flames out the back of the car when changing gear ? when on full throttle i have noticed a pop from the exhaust messing around with the wife last nightfnaw fnaw i seen flames coming out the end of the exhaust from the roundabout whilst i presumed she was changing gear and down the highway is this normal. Best way to describe it is like one of the old rally cars but not to that extent

cameron
Friday 19th September 2008, 14:52
Hi John i have the 304 and can honestly say i have never seen any flamage out the rear!

Sounds like your dumping unused fuel and its igniting in the exhaust!

Think you have to get that checked out matey!

pookie
Friday 19th September 2008, 15:20
I also have never had anything like this.

Pookie

Alan M
Friday 19th September 2008, 18:33
A friend of mine was running his classic V70 T5 without the vac hose on the fuel regulator and without the hose on his actuator and he was getting lots of flames out the back of the exhaust. I wouldn't advise that to anyone though as he was trying to break his engine for a rebuild just to see what abuse the T5 lump could take. That engine is still going strong by the way. Because of the vac hose not on the fuel regulator the car was overfueling horrendously which in turn caused the flames when the exhaust was hot.

I have a 304 and my car doesn't flame from the exhaust when its on the car.

Ed.
Friday 19th September 2008, 23:40
Sounds like a recipe for killing the cat quickly.

Ed

pangster
Friday 19th September 2008, 23:44
if you have a full stainless turbo back exhaust then it is possible to get flames under normal driving conditions as T5's tend to run slightly rich to cool the cylinders like most petrol turbo cars... :)

Justin
Saturday 20th September 2008, 07:56
What Pangster said, I've had a couple of mine do it, not all.