PDA

View Full Version : alarm reset?

nickS60T5SE
Friday 19th September 2008, 09:42
I had to disconect my mass movement sensor in order to clean it up so I could resecure it to the roof. The problem before was that when it was dropping down slightly at night it was triggering the alarm. The sensor is now resecured to the roof but the alarm still goes off. There is nothing moving in the car, no coins etc. I know there is a way of resetting the central locking, but does anyone know if there is a way of resetting the alarm? Does the sensor need to maybe be reset at a dealer when it has been disconnected. I'm just loking for any last ideas before I take it into a mainstealer as advised by John.

S60-MBS
Friday 19th September 2008, 12:01
the problem could be a dying battery in siren..

Al115
Friday 19th September 2008, 12:45
I'm having a really similar problem... random alarm activation on a 2001 V70 T5...

nickS60T5SE
Friday 19th September 2008, 13:00
Thanks for this - so how do I check if it is a dying battery in the siren - is this the sort of thing a main dealer would be able to diagnose?

S60-MBS
Friday 19th September 2008, 15:17
they can do,you can always buy a siren service kit off rufe (much cheaper that new siren) and do it yourself.But before doing anything recheck the MMS in roof they do have a habit of moving around,mines is now velcroed.