PDA

View Full Version : Boost control valve

stainesy
Thursday 18th September 2008, 19:54
i have been looking at bosst control valves on ebay and am thinking about getting one.

are they any good?

martybelfastt5
Thursday 18th September 2008, 22:42
if set up right by someone who can be trusted,,,thier more aggressive than a remap,,,set up wrong u will be into a whole world of trouble,,,lots of comparrrison polls n post on here watch for MBC vrs REMAP pros n cons seems some prefer one some prefer the other id need to try both before you get my vote,,also think for the manual boost controller u need a fuel pressure regulator,,,could be wrong tho,

Louie
Thursday 18th September 2008, 22:52
Well as manual boost control goes my car has the rica upgrade and colnotts has a manual boost controller. There wasn't that much difference. Give him a message mate I'm sure he'll point you in the right direction.

ATB

Lee

badger1980
Thursday 18th September 2008, 23:09
start with a boost gauge and if u can afford it by a ebc the ebc prevents boost spikes and feeds the boost in on a gentle curve

stainesy
Friday 19th September 2008, 06:44
well i have already bought a manual boost controler. havnt fitted it yet tho. dont even no where to fit it to yet ither

stainesy
Saturday 20th September 2008, 20:11
where does the manual boost controler go? how do i fit it and how do i set it up?

Wombatbomb
Saturday 20th September 2008, 20:25
Have you got a boost gauge fitted? And I don't mean the factory fit one on the dashboard.

stainesy
Saturday 20th September 2008, 20:43
Have you got a boost gauge fitted? And I don't mean the factory fit one on the dashboard.

no i havnt i has asked on here how to fit one but nobody has replied yet about that. how do you fit a gauge and the boost controler?
do i need a gauge to have the boost controler? as i need no the psi?

Wombatbomb
Saturday 20th September 2008, 20:51
You need the boost gauge fitted and working, so that you can establish what is normal for your car, before you even think about trying to install an MBC, unless you want to massively increase the chance of bending some rods. You also need tha gauge working so you can monitor exactly how much extra boost is being generated with each adjustment of the MBC.

You'll need one of the pre-ME7 guys to help you with this, I only know how to fit them to ME7's.

irf
Saturday 20th September 2008, 20:55
for the boost gauge, find the vacuum tree in the engine bay. it's just to the side of the throttle cable under a cover. connect your boost gauge piping to that. it really is as easy as that! obviously find some power and an earth for the gauge itself as well for it to light up.

for the mbc READ THIS. (http://forums.t5d5.org/index.php?autocom=ibwiki&cmd=article&id=11) just as easy.

stainesy
Saturday 20th September 2008, 21:12
ok great gona look on ebay for a boost gauge now. where is the best place to run the pipe from the gauge to the engine bay?

irf
Saturday 20th September 2008, 21:18
look in the engine bay on the firewall. on both sides you'll see a rubber protusion that you can feed the hose through.

stainesy
Saturday 20th September 2008, 21:20
ok sweet. cheers
oh also where is the best place to fit the boost gauge in the cockpit?

irf
Saturday 20th September 2008, 21:26
anywhere you like. some people go with pillar pods, some put them in heater vents.

also, just a suggestion, try doing searches, here and other forums, you end up with a whole lot more info then you do on your own thread.

stainesy
Saturday 20th September 2008, 21:32
ok thanks