PDA

View Full Version : Kick down

stainesy
Thursday 18th September 2008, 17:48
ok peeps is it normal for the auto T-5R to kick down when it feels like it?
what i mean is sometimes im driving along and i floor it and the caar graduly gets faster then becomes fast and other times it goes nuts and rockets off.
why is this? does it depend on what gear the autobox is in when you kick down?

volvokid
Thursday 18th September 2008, 19:39
It does depend on what speed you’re sitting at for the box to kick down obviously it won’t kick from 4th to 2nd at 100mph. You feel were the kick down point is on the accelerator when you put your foot down (when the car is off) at the end of the accelerators travel you will feel a little pop almost like its a button on the floor but it not.

stainesy
Thursday 18th September 2008, 19:50
yeah i no the last little bit. it does click when i put my foot down but sometimes it just slowly gets faster and makes you look a £££££ when trying to out eccelerate somebody. and other times it will be a foooking monster and tear off wiping the floor with other cars.

T-5HAUN
Thursday 18th September 2008, 22:19
It really depends on how fast your going, under 30mph it will hit 1st gear but if your at 35 you only get second which feels a lot less violent. Similarly, if your soin 65 you can get it down into 2nd but anything over 70 and you only get 3rd. They are faster at some speeds than others. Sports mode helps as well. Shaun

AndysR
Thursday 18th September 2008, 23:42
As said it depends on the speed you are traveling at, if I have mine in sports mode it will kickdown and use all the available rev's it can in the lowest gear it can select without over reving the engine. Mine will still go into first at 35 mph if in sports mode but will only go down into second if in economy mode. It is of course possible that the kickdown switch is faulty and it doesn't always tell the box to go into kickdown which is why it randomly goes into kickdown sometimes and then on other occasions doesn't when flooring the car. ;)

stainesy
Friday 19th September 2008, 06:41
where is the kickdown switch located?

AndysR
Sunday 21st September 2008, 13:09
where is the kickdown switch located?

On the bulkhead where the accelerator cable comes through there is an electrical multiplug which connects to the switch, check that this is making a good connection