PDA

View Full Version : intermitent central locking issue

nickS60T5SE
Thursday 18th September 2008, 12:09
So....my month isn't going well. I have alarm and tracking issues right now and my lock function on the alarm key fob leaves one of my rear doors (the same one) unlocked intermitently. Is it a problem with the lock in the door or the key fob? Could this be linked to the issue I have with my alarm (which is going off for no reason). Any guidance would be appreciated.

S60-MBS
Thursday 18th September 2008, 12:16
Try this out,

To reset the door/window computer, do the following:

Close all of the doors and hood.

Key in position II engine not running.

Hold both the driver window and passenger

window switches in the driver door panel in the closed or

up position for 5 to 8 seconds after the windows are closed.

Release buttons.

Remove the ignition key.

Operated the remote twice. lock/unlock lock/unlock.

This will reset the UEM brain.

This can correct faulty operation of the sunroof

and/or erratic door lock function.

Using the key in the drivers door to lock/unlock

lock/unlock will also reset the UEM ----

Upper Electronic Module.

gazbak1
Friday 19th September 2008, 17:55
the problem you have got is a faulty door lock, and yes this could well be what is setting your alarm off. best thing to do is replace the lock first.

hope this helps?

Gazbak1

shemtek_racing
Sunday 21st September 2008, 19:27
i have a fault with my rear door which doesnt unlock i believe its a relay issue i have press the button down manuelly then pull the hande on the inside before the outside handle will open the door

richiemat
Sunday 21st September 2008, 19:45
the problem you have got is a faulty door lock, and yes this could well be what is setting your alarm off. best thing to do is replace the lock first.

hope this helps?

Gazbak1

i agree, worth changing it. I had to change one of my locks not so long ago, couldnt find any instructions so added these. Not sure if you have seen them?

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16185

nickS60T5SE
Monday 22nd September 2008, 11:16
ok - so how much for the replacement part? Do you know the part number etc please.

richiemat
Monday 22nd September 2008, 16:25
i got one from Salvo's and think it was about £30, don't know what the part number is though. They had loads of cars with them fitted and just asked me what year mine was and it fitted. Sorry i cant be more helpful.