PDA

View Full Version : Back!!

MarkGolf
Wednesday 27th April 2005, 22:05
After my T5 saga, I bit the bullet and had the car ripped apart..
The problem appeared to be a dodgy radiator which let water into the ATF coolant system! Water in the box isn't a good thing!

Well, didn't really care to find out the ins and outs as I just wanted it done..
Gearbox was ripped out, totally reconditioned and a 3 year warrenty! Thumbs up! The best bit, was done for under £300, never knew the guy across the road works with auto boxs for a living! lol

Well, the T5 is back and feeling as awesome as always!
Now, gotta order my MBC for temp use, then if im not happy, get the RICA upgrade! :D

Anyone got a dumpvalve and blanking plate for sale?
I got a fitting kit.. just need the above

fraz13
Wednesday 27th April 2005, 22:19
Superb news Mark, glad ye stuck it out

Your neighbour should put up a post here, am sure he'd get loads of work :haha:

oh and CLICK HERE (http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1540)

vt5
Wednesday 27th April 2005, 22:54
Are you looking for an aftermarket dumpvalve? if so ive got one with blue sparco hoses. As new condition taken off my mates S70R.

Let me know if thats what you interested in cos it'll be reasonably priced.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 28th April 2005, 00:11
Mark - I am glad you decided to stick with it and I realise that it must have been really hard going through that period. If you want to protect the box even more then give me a shout ;)

BTW £300 - he must like you a lot!!

Well done!

siamblue
Thursday 28th April 2005, 02:00
Hi Mark,That's brilliant news,So are you going to keep her now?Lets hope so anyway,Hope it gets easier and you start to have lots of smiles in her.

Gary

Mrsmopp
Thursday 28th April 2005, 09:24
Glad to hear you kept your faith in her!! Here's hoping you get miles of smiles out of her from here on!!

Welcome back!

x

glock19
Thursday 28th April 2005, 11:34
Congratulations. 300 pounds ...WOW well worth it .... wish there's someone here who could do it. BTW, did you notice your radiator (reserve tank really) level going down or does your coolant looked oily ? If water/coolant is entering one way into your gearbox, wouldn't you find that the dipstick for the ATF getting higher andhigher unless the water evaporates ?

MarkGolf
Thursday 28th April 2005, 14:02
Could be interested in the DV's!

Thanks for all ya help Dave! Owe ya one!
Going to keep it,but will let my dad use it now and again and I use his car as he willl give it a lengthier run than my trips to work and friends places..

Glad its back, missed the comfort and power!
The water level definetly never ever dropped, I owned it a month, surely Ii wud have noticed in that time! The water was fine too! Really is something I never noticed,The fluid never looked like it had water, but then it could have burned away!
who knows!
Just glad its sorted! :D

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 28th April 2005, 14:12
You're welcome mate.

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=899 - you know it makes sense - LOL ;)