PDA

View Full Version : 855 t5 problems help

t5lover
Monday 15th September 2008, 17:45
hello chaps i got a few probs with my t5 she is on a m reg,,
1, the central locking sometimes wont work on the key fob

2, i got 1 tappet from what i can hear from when cold she is ok gets hot and she is tapping like a gooden,

3, i cleaned the icv the other day as the revs keep sticking really high and when she is idleing the revs will go up and up till about 1500 rpm touch the pedle and she will drop back to normal,,

4, the trip computer was woking fine when i brought her about a month ago since then the lcd went all funny if it had a earth fault and now it does not even come on now,,

any help will be really helpfull at the moment thanks,,,,,,

jonno12
Monday 15th September 2008, 18:02
the second one may need a engine flush i used forte flush on mine and it sorted it as for the rest i dont know but will be intrested to find out as my alarm keeps going off when i unlock it lol if you want some of te engine flush let me know i think ive got a spare bottle you can have for 7 quid delivered

t5lover
Monday 15th September 2008, 18:34
thanks mate i give it a go,, i got a new oil seal coming for the oil pump tomorrow and a new psv or pcv i cant renember at the mo lol sorry,, if u send me your address i will send u the 7 quid mate thats cool with me!

shaun850
Monday 15th September 2008, 18:53
I can send you a trip computer for 13 quid deliverd!

t5lover
Monday 15th September 2008, 19:02
thats cool mate thanks i let u know soon as thanks again,,

t5lover
Tuesday 16th September 2008, 01:18
any info please someone lol

Tomcat
Tuesday 16th September 2008, 07:11
Your central locking could be a couple of things, duff batteries in the fob, car battery getting knackered, or it could be the wiring in the tailgate. Mine sometimes refuses to open on the fob and I have new batteries, if I unlock the tailgate with the key the fob then tends to start working again.

t5lover
Tuesday 16th September 2008, 15:59
Your central locking could be a couple of things, duff batteries in the fob, car battery getting knackered, or it could be the wiring in the tailgate. Mine sometimes refuses to open on the fob and I have new batteries, if I unlock the tailgate with the key the fob then tends to start working again.

hello mate your is the same as mine the lights just flash and nothing happens then unlock the tailgate all works fine never mind a,,, i found out why the revs were going up it was the little pipe by the thermostat it had a lovely little split in it all done now and the tapping has slowly gone away now which makes very happy thanks for all your help people!!