PDA

View Full Version : Right ive done it, wish me luck !

cameron
Monday 15th September 2008, 17:02
Ive just spent near on £300 on.............

2 Wishbones
2 Track rod Ends
2 Drop links

Im going to attempt to do it all myself in one day ( dry hopefully )

Ive changed wishbones before and drop links but never done Track rod ends.

The PCV is next week thanks to Rufe and Adam @ Readview.

So things are looking up for the old wagon.

I cant wait to se what difference it makes.

shaun850
Monday 15th September 2008, 17:37
You wont need a whole day you will breeze through it..

Make sure you go and get it tracked up straight after.

jonno12
Monday 15th September 2008, 17:58
the track rod ends may need heating mate with a blowgun if they are rusted on took me 20 mins rto do one side job done the drop links may be a pain in the but if they are cut the nut off thats what i did was alot quicker not done a wishbone yet but it cant be as bad as my renault laguna £400 a sid that cost me but i suppose it was french and blew up so volvo must be easier

dant5
Monday 15th September 2008, 21:00
i had major probs with the pich bolt on the near side when i done my wishbones, i used some freeze and release and a big hammer in the end.
good luck.

Filterlab
Monday 15th September 2008, 21:05
Well I wish you luck Cameron!

cameron
Monday 15th September 2008, 21:08
I had the car Tracked when i got the Tethys about a month ago so hopefully it'll be right and not seized.

The wishbones are off my 96 855 T5 CD i changed them myself, not too bad.

The hard bit was undoing the top of the droplinks, a torque and a o ring spanner, took me ages, i havent attempted the bottom bolts yet though.

I should be ok im hoping anyway, i'll see if i can take Piccys and i'll post them after ive done it all.

cameron
Monday 15th September 2008, 21:10
Well I wish you luck Cameron!

Cheers Buddy, its all been " loosened off " fairly recent so hopefully i'll be ok.

like i said the only thing not to be undone was the bottom bolt of the droplinks, should be fun.

nobananas
Monday 15th September 2008, 21:44
Easiest way with the droplinks (if they're scrap anyway) is just to stick a pair of good molegrips round the part of the link that the boot coveres then squeeze them up as tight as you can then undo the nut (air tools help a lot too !). I've also found that with the TCA's that if you undo and remove the pinch bolt, undo and remove the inner bush bolts then swing the arm round you can smack it with a hammer to punch the balljoint pin out of the hub, far easier than trying to lever the arm down and remember to tighten up them inner bush bolts with the weight on them if you're fitting standard bushes (doesn't matter for poly ones though)

Filterlab
Monday 15th September 2008, 22:29
Cheers Buddy, its all been " loosened off " fairly recent so hopefully i'll be ok.

like i said the only thing not to be undone was the bottom bolt of the droplinks, should be fun.

Well if it's been undone recently it'll help ease the job, good luck for the droplinks. :)

pangster
Tuesday 16th September 2008, 08:36
good luck! :)