PDA

View Full Version : Cant get into my car!!!!

My T5
Sunday 14th September 2008, 18:10
My fuel pump died last week so the cars been off the road while i source a replacement.I decided yesterday to have a look at how hard the job would be to so i went to unlock the car and.......bog all!!!
The remote batteries are under 3 months old.I unlocked the door with the key and put the ignition on and not a single light(im assuming its still immobilised through the remote)
Does anyone know where the sensor for the remote is so i can put the remote right up to it to make its make a strong signal??
Im going to buy remote batteries tomorrow and check the battery voltage on the car,but has anyone ever had this problem before and what is the problem??

Alan M
Sunday 14th September 2008, 18:15
Make sure the battery is charged then reprogramme the remote to the system. The info on how to do it is in your owners handbook. Mine did the same not to long backafter fitting new batteries.

Wombatbomb
Sunday 14th September 2008, 18:24
My fuel pump died last week so the cars been off the road while i source a replacement.I decided yesterday to have a look at how hard the job would be to so i went to unlock the car and.......bog all!!!
The remote batteries are under 3 months old.I unlocked the door with the key and put the ignition on and not a single light(im assuming its still immobilised through the remote)
Does anyone know where the sensor for the remote is so i can put the remote right up to it to make its make a strong signal??
Im going to buy remote batteries tomorrow and check the battery voltage on the car,but has anyone ever had this problem before and what is the problem??

Sounds like the car battery is flat, not the remote. Is the courtesy light working as that has nowt to do with the immobiliser.

cameron
Sunday 14th September 2008, 18:48
If there was no lights on the dash then the Car Battery is deffo flat mate.

Just charging it should sort it out.

Maybe time to buy a new battery also check the alternator.

Cheers, lee

My T5
Monday 15th September 2008, 06:23
Make sure the battery is charged then reprogramme the remote to the system. The info on how to do it is in your owners handbook. Mine did the same not to long backafter fitting new batteries.
Thanks Alan,my owners manual doesnt tell you how to re-code the remotes.....doh.