PDA

View Full Version : Garrett turbo

shemtek_racing
Saturday 13th September 2008, 20:55
has anybody gone down the garrett route yet on a phase 2? im bored and need more power lol any links/info etc would be much appreciated

cheers shem

Al115
Sunday 14th September 2008, 11:58
Dunno the answer - but my Garrett ends on eBay tonight :D

More seriously, the Garretts on the P1 cars give great top-end power but are somewhat more laggy (as you'd expect). The 3076R is the only one I know anything about and that should be spooling nicely by 3.5k and boosting all the way the redline, you could get as much power from it as your internals will support :)

Others have also tried Garretts - Spesh I think has some good experience - but only on 850s and P1 engines?...

Cheers...

shemtek_racing
Sunday 14th September 2008, 13:06
ive been looking at the 3076R and simular turbos preferably something externally waste gated any idea what sort of boost can be achived from a turbo this size? also how high can these engines rev on a standerd balanced crank with forged internals uprated bolts etc ?

my goal would be a setup that pulls hard from 3500 to around 7750-8000 but driveable below 3500rpm. im hoping for 350+hp

Al115
Sunday 14th September 2008, 13:38
With proper internals and balancing we were looking at high 7000s. You can get big horsepower but then of course you sacrifice driveablity. Which of course you already know :D

spesh
Sunday 14th September 2008, 21:35
hi the link below takes you to the same turbo i have on my car, car drives fine under 3500rpm and when the turbo kicks in hold on, i'd recommend the GT30R

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GRT-TBO-005&Category_Code=GRT

shemtek_racing
Monday 15th September 2008, 09:50
cheers spesh ive used this site before but i get a little confused when it comes to all the additional options i.e trim size & exhaust housings etc