PDA

View Full Version : message for dave 850r

craig
Tuesday 26th April 2005, 23:39
hi mate ive recently bought a 95 t5 estate manual (its gorgeouse)it flys to over 155mph so its obviously a gooden but what i wanna know is whats recod and if i get it re tuned what does it give me? who can do it ? and whats it cost? cos i aint no al fyed but i love power(in cars that is )id appreciate some advice. :nutkick:

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 27th April 2005, 00:58
Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Remapping is the best way to go, in my opinion. The one I have in mind will remove the limiter. RICA remap will set you back under £500 and give you an extra 80 bhp. (310bhp/420Nm torque)

My personal recommendation is that you take the car to Volvotuning in Bromsgrove. Bobbing down for a chat on a Saturday morning is a good idea.
They are good at what they do, IMHO.

We (as a club) are having a rolling road session at VT on the 7th May (see the Calendar link above). There is also a thread which you will need to sign up on in the meetings section. It is a nice way to meet the other regulars and gauge there opinions on the best path on mods. We will be the first forum/club on their brand new dyno. It will give you a decent idea of what your baseline is.

craig
Wednesday 27th April 2005, 23:22
thanks dave. im not far from bromsgrove il shoot over there soon. and i just wanted to say that this forum is addictive ,theres a great bunch of members making it work ,the knowledge at our fingertips is a real godsend.
ive owened allmost every type of gutsy car goin from bmw,s to saab turbos to imprezza turbos and now ive tried a T5 il never look back they really kick ass.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 28th April 2005, 00:00
You are most welcome. They are a pretty good bunch in here.

I tell you get this one tuned up properly and there really is no stopping you!