PDA

View Full Version : Central Locking Problem

mikej
Tuesday 26th April 2005, 21:04
:wtf: Looking for some ideas before i start taking things apart , has anybody come across this before:whilst using the remote or key fob all doors and boot will open and close except the passenger front it will close ok but will not open again , the same thing also applies when using the drivers switch pack it closes with every other door but does not open with the other doors ?????
ANY IDEAS? VOLVO S70
mike.j......

Goof
Tuesday 26th April 2005, 21:46
Could be just a bit sticky, otherwise a linkage problem?

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 27th April 2005, 00:43
Take the door cards of and see if the liberal application of rocket wd40 loosens up the bits. Failing that it could be a worn CL motor.

siamblue
Wednesday 27th April 2005, 02:03
Its probably the white plastic piece from the lock mechanism to the door knob rod,
If it is this which is broken it means a whole new Lock mech,

mikej
Wednesday 27th April 2005, 10:44
Cheers gents looks like door is coming apart then !!!!!!

nikgallagher
Wednesday 27th April 2005, 12:58
Worth checking the Haynes before prising off any trim. On my 850, the leather door inserts are held on with little plastic grommets that break very easily. Not that critical to wait for I s'pose but thought I'd let you know.

siamblue
Wednesday 27th April 2005, 15:52
I used a bloody big knife like those that are used in the jungle to slip behind the door card and gently prise it off,Be very carefull though they do break,

mikej
Wednesday 27th April 2005, 22:15
Thanks for the advice guys it just so happens i have the correct trim tool for the removal of panels etc and yes those bloody clips are a pain in the arse
mike... :B_steerin

siamblue
Thursday 28th April 2005, 02:21
Keep us informed of how it is going,You do know the left sides of door mech are the same part so are both the right sides.
As for the large Knife i meant in width and not in length,Just incase someone goes at it with a sword :slap:

nikgallagher
Thursday 28th April 2005, 08:50
Thanks for the advice guys it just so happens i have the correct trim tool for the removal of panels etc and yes those bloody clips are a pain in the arse
mike... :B_steerin

Out of interest, what does that trim tool look like?

Carlos13
Tuesday 14th February 2006, 16:10
I have exactly this problem on mine, same door. What was the resolution?