PDA

View Full Version : Electric windows

stainesy
Tuesday 9th September 2008, 20:14
is there a setting on the drivers auto electric window for how far down it goes?
as sometimes when i press it it goes all the way to the bottom and after fidling with some buttons it now goes half way down and then to bottom if pressed again.
is there settings?

dickiemint
Tuesday 9th September 2008, 20:34
Not 100% On this but I think If you press the button firmly it will wind the window right down, if you press it lightly it will wind the window down 'til you release the button. Does that make sense?

stainesy
Tuesday 9th September 2008, 20:39
on mine if i justy press quick and release it automaticly winds all the way down. but i fiddle with some buttons when i was bord waiting for the wife and i managed to make it go half way down everytime i pressed the auto down button.
then fiddled about again and its back to normal. just wondered if there was a button that made it change to diferant window settings

cameron
Tuesday 9th September 2008, 21:38
Id be interested in this as my window has started to go down half way and stop also.
Not all the time only now and again, but the kiddies are always messing with the buttons.

stainesy
Tuesday 9th September 2008, 21:45
Id be interested in this as my window has started to go down half way and stop also.
Not all the time only now and again, but the kiddies are always messing with the buttons.

yeah mine stops exactly half way as though it has the kiddy stops on like the rear windows.

badger1980
Wednesday 10th September 2008, 02:43
could it possible be dirty contacts on the widow switch mine always goes down fully no matter how hard i press the button but would be interested in makeing go all the way up by pressing the button once and not holding it

stainesy
Wednesday 10th September 2008, 06:54
yeah wish mine would go all the way up to without holding it. but the auto button is only for down

badger1980
Wednesday 10th September 2008, 17:59
hmmmm got me thinking now if its auto going down how do u make it go up lol my old rover had the auto window and alls i did was cleaned the contacts and it was auto in both directions

stainesy
Wednesday 10th September 2008, 19:26
well my button only has auto written on the down bit so i asume it only auto,s down.