PDA

View Full Version : Headlight help please.

cameron
Tuesday 9th September 2008, 13:40
Right heres the thing, my T5 has NOT got the Original Headlights on it.

It has the Electrical Adjusting Ones although my car doesnt have the Dial / Button in the car to adjust them.

Ive checked the DVLA and its never been reported as having an accident, So everythings ok there.

However i thought my Beam was a bit low so i tried to adjust them with the White Cog on the top ( See Piccy ) with my B&D Drill with a Phillips head, and it worked!

After a few attempts i still wasnt happy with the height of the beam so i tried again, the white cog stopped turning and sheared off!

Can i just replace the Adjuster or do i have to replace the Whole Headlight unit ?, it would be a shame to as the Reflectors and Glass are like new.

And Adam @ Readview how much to set the headlights to the right height, im due an MOT soon, also you have a PM, cheers buddy !

Any advice is as usual greatly appreciated.

Lee

readview
Tuesday 9th September 2008, 17:45
Hi Lee,call over pal,we'll sort it out!

Wombatbomb
Tuesday 9th September 2008, 18:21
Sorry, but why on earth were you using a drill???? It only needs a screwdriver to turn it, I'm not surprised the bloody thing sheared off! The adjuster can be replaced seperately if it's anything like the P1 70 series cars.

cameron
Tuesday 9th September 2008, 20:49
Sorry it wasnt a Drill it was an Electric Screwdriver with variable speed, and it was all i had in the car @ the time.

No patience to wait till i get home lol,

Im one of those people that if somethings not right i have to sort it there and then. I hear a clunk, i have to sort it out, i just like my car to be right and reliable thats why i bought a Volvo.

cameron
Tuesday 9th September 2008, 20:50
Hi Lee,call over pal,we'll sort it out!

Cheers Adam see you Thursday Matey, Probably about dinner time.