PDA

View Full Version : Seats!

Billybhoy1978
Tuesday 9th September 2008, 08:34
Hi guys!

I have been on the lookout for a V70 P1 T5 for a while now (1 yr!!) and the reason I am having trouble is because most of the ones I see dont have leather! I have seen a couple I really like just now but again they dont have leather! My question is if I were to buy an old 850 would the seats from that fit into the v70? Also does it make any difference if it is a saloon or estate?

Thanks

Billy

readview
Tuesday 9th September 2008, 09:11
Hi, saloon rear seats dont fit into the estate regardless of model as the seat belts are mounted in the seats on the estate and shelf mounted in the saloon.Late 850 front seats will go into an early V70 but not anything after late '98 as the seat belt pre-tensioner system is different.I am unsure about the rear seats between 850 and V70 but given the other areas where you have to be careful you would be better getting proper V70 seats anyway.Dont worry about leather,just get the best car you see for the money as leather can always be added later.

Billybhoy1978
Thursday 11th September 2008, 07:51
You probably right! How much do leather seats usually go for and are they widely available? That said the car I was looking at has now sold!!
More waiting aaaarrghhh