PDA

View Full Version : Creaking front suspension

SaffronC70
Tuesday 26th April 2005, 17:46
Hi all

My car is going in for front wheel bearings tomorrow.

I'm also going to ask them to sort out the steering wheel, so that if sits straight.

I have little knowledge on spring/shock suspesion, as my previous cars were all hydraulic.

Can I ask the garage to grease up certain parts to stop the creeeeaaking/cracking noises I occasionally get in mulit storey carparks on the front ?

Also the rear suspesion sometime squeaks when I get in/out when parked on a berb - can this be lubed up ?

Thanks

Chris

Ian C70T5
Wednesday 27th April 2005, 08:08
I have to say, mines does exactly the same.. mines done 96k miles now so my suspension might be wearing out though..

Yours has a 19T on it doesnt it, i will be very interested to see how you do at the VT RR day, as i really want a 19T for mine

TangoDeltaSierra3
Wednesday 27th April 2005, 15:14
I;ve had trouble with my tracking for ages now, my left side front wore on the inside, the left hub and shocker top were replaced , 2 new tyres, MOT, tracked up and passed MOT, but tracking is out again, i keep getting told everythings ok regarding bushes, TCA, etc so what do i doo ? Keep wearing tyres at £90 each?

swordy21
Wednesday 27th April 2005, 15:33
I have to say, mines does exactly the same.. mines done 96k miles now so my suspension might be wearing out though..

Could be the top mounts, just had mine done and were completely gone at 123K. Centre bushes completely detatched (£24+vat each). Had new shocks fitted as well.(£76+vat each) and one drop link. Quiet as a mouse now.

Tracking was out by 5.4mm each wheel (toeing out). Had that done and am waiting to see if it changes over the next 2K.

Only the rear brakes to do now. Job for Sat.