PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know this V70R?

macV70R
Monday 8th September 2008, 20:14
Saw this on PH. Seems like an ok price for an 05 model. Does anyone know it?
It has the orange trim inside which I am not 100% sure of!
Any info greatly appreciated....
www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/582249.htm

burchi
Monday 8th September 2008, 20:32
Hi Mac

I would question if that is a 2005 MY car as during the '54 reg there was a facelift which as one of the changes gave body coloured bumper strip inserts and body coloured door rubbing strips.

The one in the advert would look like it has the black plastic ones which then makes it older and worth a fair bit less than the price being asked.

There's a Sonic Blue one with PW cars but I saw it has a reg starting OY and that is typically a reg associated with the Volvo Freedom Day track cars...!

Hope this helps

Ian

Justin
Monday 8th September 2008, 21:34
Something not right with that, ring Volvo with the reg and see what they have on it:

Vehicle Registration Mark P40 KJP
Make VOLVO
Model UNKNOWN
Transmission & fuel type PETROL
Body Type SALOON
Colour BLACK

Unknown and saloon?????

readview
Tuesday 9th September 2008, 00:00
Dont much like the idea that he is willing to meet away from his address but if the private reg is only recently put on that car it may explain the discrepancy.It would however beg the question why get shut of the car soon after putting a reg on it !.Best to ring him and get the chassis no,and run that past volvo.

macV70R
Tuesday 9th September 2008, 07:21
Will run it by Volvo today and see what they come back with.

V70R
Tuesday 9th September 2008, 19:26
God aren't they dropping in price, he said ECU upgrade available (not included??) I guess he did this via a Rica or BSR PPC, that will try and be sold ontop of the asking price

V70R
Tuesday 9th September 2008, 19:32
Justin, Just out of interest was that

https://www.vehiclecheck.co.uk

you used to check that car out ? Mine comes back as a manual. My V5C clearly shows auto and I know its HPI clear and correct.

Vehicle Registration Mark xxx xxx
Make VOLVO
Model V70 R
Transmission & fuel type MANUAL 6 GEARS PETROL
Body Type ESTATE
Colour GREY

I wonder where it gets the info from.

Justin
Tuesday 9th September 2008, 21:38
Yes it was, always found it to be accurate....but now you've said that??

V70R
Tuesday 9th September 2008, 22:42
however for a free site, 95% correct still gives you a real good idea. At least it didnt come back as a R/Robin in yellow

T5R+
Tuesday 9th September 2008, 22:57
This car has been on sale for months - think it is in Ireland.

Could not put my finger on it - but when I spoke to the chap, something was just not right.

I seem to recall his mate at Volvo had recently done a service on the car.

macV70R
Wednesday 10th September 2008, 06:31
Checked the car through volvo and all seems to be ok, he bought it from smw volvo belfast 6 months ago who had it as a demo car, Volvo verify all details are correct down to the 18" wheels. It was serviced 4000 miles ago with 4 new tyres and it has had the ball joints done at volvo this year.

Not sure about the orange interior tho! suppose you love it or hate it....

burchi
Wednesday 10th September 2008, 10:29
I'm still convinced it's not a 2005 car with those black plastic bumper and side body mouldings. They should be colour coded if 2005.

Ian

V70R
Wednesday 10th September 2008, 17:43
Volvo UK has 05 cars for sale with plastic rub strips on them. I was told by a main dealer the orange leather takes £1000 off the trade price. Not sure if thats true